Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolutely Fed Up! Not working well with MAC LION OS - FIXED in V. 1.182

Default Absolutely Fed Up! Not working well with MAC LION OS - FIXED in V. 1.182

Well I hate to dog a product but the Carvewright "Compucarve" or whatever has real big issues with Mac! Design is my main business, I design mirrors so I only have MAC in my house. I have called Carvewright and they walked me 3 weeks ago through setting it up but the damn thing still runs in DEMO mode and no matter how many times I call them the result is the same. Then I buy designs from the Carvewright library and low and behold they come to be with out a license so each time I try to save the file to cut it, it says the design is NOT LICENSED! By now Carvewright should have fixes for these issues but no one to this point has helped me where I can use it without issues.
    The machine itself when it is working seems to do a great job but God knows it takes about 10 attempts at cleaning and re-greasing the unit before the damn thing will turn on and work. This week I had to hire out to a cabinet company 3 simple carve jobs because I couldnt get the machine to start up and the designs THAT I PAID FOR would not allow me to save them.
    Honestly I would not recommend this unit to anyone that owns a mac as many people have now told me the software does not work well with mac.

Does anyone know how to get these issues fixed? If not I guess I will sell it on ebay and allow this issue to become someone elses issue! Any advise would be helpful, I will be calling carvewright for my $60 in art that I bought on the carvewright site since I cannot get it to work.

Rob

Hello Rob,

Well, that's quite a posting! Anyway, I know that one of our Forum Moderators uses a Mac and runs his CarveWright just fine. I do not know what OS he is using or any details (I'm a die-hard PC/ Windows user and loving it). Maybe he will chime in after a cool-down period. I really do hope you will be able to enjoy your machine in the very near future.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Rob,

I forgot to ask...you DID go through the licensing process after you purchased your patterns, right? If not, start Designer, then go to Help/Manage Licenses to activate your pattern licenses and you're good to go.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 11-26-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Rob I had the same problem with windows and had to call. I bet if I check my work computer I will need to do it again. It seems like for me that is if some time passes this happens. Strange? I always seem to have issues with patterns maybe because I buy only a few? I go to the private sites you get better deals and no problems!

Hang in there, at this time of year you can pick up laptops for under $300.00 with windows and use it just for your machine. I have 2 laptops one is just for my machine and sign business. You said, you have a mirror business. So call it a write off!

Oh I wanted to say I read your first post and with the size of the letters when I read other post wow they were small!

Ike

Believe it or not I didnt post until I did cool down. I have spent actual time with Carvewright on the phone more then 1 time. I bought the unit used with like 14 hours on the machine and I had Carvewright help me with the licensing as I had letters of transfer from the original owner who I bought this from. I do understand the questions that you are asking but I have already went through this with Carvewright and the guy said that there was a number of issues with mac. Now when I am searching the Carvewright site I see NOTHING that states buy our machine UNLESS YOU HAVE A MAC! I fully understand that mac has less software and the software that they have cost way more then PC but if the machines software is NOT compatible for use with a MAC then it should be on the site to keep from people having issues if they are mac owners. Because the software cannot work above DEMO mode anything that I buy software wise from the Carvewright site is UNUSABLE which once again IS NOT EXPLAINED on the Carvewright site. I own the machine, the machine is in my name and the software is licensed to me yet i am unable to use it above DEMO so hopefully that answered your question. I am a fair minded and very easy going guy but nothing erks me off more then having my money waisted buy buying a machine based on good faith that it is of quality and works with my computer especially when no where on the site does it say it will not. Basically I like the machine when it is working but I want it to be able to be used for its full function and not what it can do in demo. What I dont understand is I do not have a clue why such a good company who knows it has an issue with the software for mac would not want to make all their customers happy.
    I think what Carvewright doesnt seem to get is that by fixing these issues or helping me and making me happy would of sold a ton of designs, I would of bought all the upgrades and much more but from my calls into them dont seem to care about me as a customer. I will have to now sell it on ebay only to a PC owner as I will not tell another Mac user to buy something that I know is not true.
    Thanks
    Rob

Not familiar with MAC but have you tried running designer as administrator? If it is DEMO mode then any thing you install (patterns) will not be activated....
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Ike,
    Thanks for being honest about this issue. I own 2 pc laptops but I do not use them as PC's to me SUCK! My Macs are lightning fast, no pop ups and have never failed me. I have over 7k worth of design software on it bought especially for Mac. Because of this I carry my Mac laptop with me everywhere including my shop so I can design and do things on the fly. My issue with this is, is the people at Carvewright to their customers to help them out. If they know that there is issues with the carvewright and mac's then it should be on their site or after 5 years of selling this machine to UNKNOWING Mac users they should have the issue fixed.
    I am far from an electronic retard as I own plotters for vinyl, polishing and beveling machines, CNC glass cutters, waterjets for glass, v-grooving machines for glass and they all run just fine on Mac. I own the largest antique mirror glass company that I know of in the USA so I actually wanted to use the Carvewright machine to make frames to show off my work in my distributors showrooms. My plans were to buy 3 more of these and be cutting many pieces at one time but Carvewrights inability to help me has lost them 1000's of dollars in sales! They either do not care or just cannot figure out there issues and that will always be an issue for them. I have read that PC users also have some of the same issues. I honestly do not have time to stop what I am doing and call Carvewright over and over again and I do not have to do that with any of my other machines as they have there stuff together and have good answers for me the first time. I have made 2 calls to Carvewright with the same answer, which was the machine may have to be used in DEMO.

ROB

Quote Originally Posted by Schramm View Post
    Ike,
    Thanks for being honest about this issue. I own 2 pc laptops but I do not use them as PC's to me SUCK! My Macs are lightning fast, no pop ups and have never failed me. I have over 7k worth of design software on it bought especially for Mac. Because of this I carry my Mac laptop with me everywhere including my shop so I can design and do things on the fly. My issue with this is, is the people at Carvewright to their customers to help them out. If they know that there is issues with the carvewright and mac's then it should be on their site or after 5 years of selling this machine to UNKNOWING Mac users they should have the issue fixed.
    I am far from an electronic retard as I own plotters for vinyl, polishing and beveling machines, CNC glass cutters, waterjets for glass, v-grooving machines for glass and they all run just fine on Mac. I own the largest antique mirror glass company that I know of in the USA so I actually wanted to use the Carvewright machine to make frames to show off my work in my distributors showrooms. My plans were to buy 3 more of these and be cutting many pieces at one time but Carvewrights inability to help me has lost them 1000's of dollars in sales! They either do not care or just cannot figure out there issues and that will always be an issue for them. I have read that PC users also have some of the same issues. I honestly do not have time to stop what I am doing and call Carvewright over and over again and I do not have to do that with any of my other machines as they have there stuff together and have good answers for me the first time. I have made 2 calls to Carvewright with the same answer, which was the machine may have to be used in DEMO.

ROB
    Rob I am so sorry you are having these problems and I agree it is a hassle. I am not knocking Macs and I have heard they are so much better then PC! The problem is I can't afford a Mac! I am chopping at the bit with the $999.00 sale and not having the money to buy another CW! I have 2 and one part machine, I sold a brand new 4896 Shopbot over 4 years ago, never used because of the CW and the easy software. I still have a 2514 K2 CNC brand new 4 years ago never used because of the CW.

I have had my issues and have been kicked off the forum for expressing my issues! So I wish I knew why this keeps happening to you, I would like to think LHR will fix this for you. Maybe you need to ask for a supervisor?

Anyway good luck with whatever you do.

Ike

I don't know if you tried this and I know only enough to be dangerous. Here goes:
    I friend at work has some issues on his Mac with certain software. He got a Windows emulator and runs his software in it in order to get the job done. He said it is very fast and he can run it the same time he is running Mac software. You might consider looking into that until LHR solves the issues. Could e a win/win for now!
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Seems to be a Mac issue with the new operating system...lion? Others work fine on Mac. Make sure u r using run as administrator!! Some have installed on lion os with no problem. Others have and we have not figured out why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast