Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: carving 1/4 " fret board

1. Default

I am trying to do a 1/4" cutout also but having trouble setting it up. The tips and tricks link in this thread doesn't work anymore. I know I need to attach the 1/4" piece to a thicker board and only do the cutout at 1/4" but I cannot enter the cutout depth in, it turns red? I was going to just assign the 1/8th cutting bit to a path but then there is no tabs to keep all the pieces from falling out when cutting? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post

Just to add...Yes, you can have a regular cut path with auto-tabs on 1/4" material....and it works very well for most projects.
    Of course, you do need to use a carrier board/jig/sled to meet or exceed the minimum 1/2"-thickness required by the machine.

See the following Tips & Tricks (pages 3 through 5) for a step-by-step "how-to" for cutouts on thin material using standard cut paths...http://www.carvewright.com/downloads...cks_Sept08.pdf

It may be RED because you are entering a depth TOO DEEP...
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Robkjv1611 View Post
    I am trying to do a 1/4" cutout also but having trouble setting it up. The tips and tricks link in this thread doesn't work anymore. I know I need to attach the 1/4" piece to a thicker board and only do the cutout at 1/4" but I cannot enter the cutout depth in, it turns red? I was going to just assign the 1/8th cutting bit to a path but then there is no tabs to keep all the pieces from falling out when cutting? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    CarveWright updated their website awhile back and many original links were broken. Here is the current working link for the "how-to" on cut paths for 1/4" material...it's very, very simple and you'll be up and running in no time...

ISSUE 12 September 2008 – Designer 1.131 New Feature Highlights

BTW...you do NOT enter the total cut depth when using the Cut Path tool...the software figures the depth automatically from the project board thickness in your MPC. You'll understand after reading the article.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

4. Default

That's great! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    CarveWright updated their website awhile back and many original links were broken. Here is the current working link for the "how-to" on cut paths for 1/4" material...it's very, very simple and you'll be up and running in no time...

ISSUE 12 September 2008 – Designer 1.131 New Feature Highlights

BTW...you do NOT enter the total cut depth when using the Cut Path tool...the software figures the depth automatically from the project board thickness in your MPC. You'll understand after reading the article.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12