I have been too busy to report ‘til now, and will give a quick one here. When I get time I will post the pictures in the forum “Machine” area - can't pit pix here. When we arrived it was as Joe said. Joe must have some pull; we were first booth right inside the door. But across from us in the corner was our competition - a $40,000 CNC. He has one for $5,000, but wasn't showing it. What we learned: The buyers don't walk up and buy, they will visit with you and question you all day and finally buy near the end of the day. Sign making is a noble trade and we all do it, and the viewers thought that it was a "cool". What changed minds from "cool" to "Wow! I want one" were the Lithophane (supplied by Joe) and my basket weave projects and louvers. The guy across from me or even the Shark can do signs and filigree boxes (my specialty), but precision double sided carves would be a real challenge for them, but not for the CarveWright. I recommend for anyone doing a show, find the louvers I posted on the forum and /or purchase one of my basket weave projects in the store (I buy your project and patterns when I need them.) Joe supplied chairs, but we brought our own because my back can’t take metal folding chairs. The extra chairs were a boon because people stopped to chat. One young man bought a machine, but two older couples did also. I printed out half sheets with my logo and contact info and the Start U services that I provide and training prices. My wife was my helper because no one else know what I do. Here job was to build rapport (She is much better than me at that.) and answering general questions, leaving me to demonstrate and answer technical questions. Oh, another thing, the samples that Joe sent with raster, outline and centerline lettering and the one showing conforming vectors I used constantly. The three sales we had included Centerline and Conforming Vectors.
Clint