Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Lamb's Patterns Store

Alan, I actually recommend cutting the 45 deg angles and dado on the table saw. But in another post http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ters-for-a-box I made a 45 deg angle for a member. He cut the boards and they fit.
    To answer your question, I like to use biscuits for joining the edges, they hold the box firm while gluing. Another method is dowels, and splines. These all work great to hold the pieces as you get them ready.

On this box anyone that buys the box will have to make sure they have the wood attached to a carrier board or they may cut the pieces loose and jam the bit, thus breaking the bit.

I have a couple of unique boxes I have designed on paper, and needed a way to precisely build the box, that is why I came up with a better way to build the box in MoI3d. (not urns this time) I plan to do a video when I have time.

Note: in each of the urns I sell, I have instructions, they may be simple but it is a guide.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Pattern I just finished for Capt Bruce. Command ashore
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails command ashore-ptn1.jpg   command ashore-ptn2.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Looks great Eddie..bet he loves it
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Eddie your the man of all talent very impressive to bad you live to far away lo,,l this goodman missouri that in the woods
    Last edited by henry1; 01-07-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Thanks John, and yes Henry I live in the country, one neighbors within quarter mile , rest are half mile or more away.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Thanks John, and yes Henry I live in the country, one neighbors within quarter mile , rest are half mile or more away.
    You don't have to worry about the cold there and seen a few shack on google map on dirt road lol
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Nope no a shack here. paved drive, and road is paved too. Well it got paved 2 years ago. LOL

Eddie

Demo of a jewelry box I am designing. This is not the box I will end up making. Close but I have some faults in the design. Columns are not positioned right for carving. I do not want the flutes at the 45 deg cut line. Anyhow it is close and an experiment. My plan is to assemble the box and cut the top loose right above the door. The top will be an upside down carving, meaning the carved area will be down touching the box sides (may end up being a 2 sided carve). The bottom I plan to make it look like stairs going up to the doorway. Not sure about final surface on the sides, I am thinking of a stone look. I will figure that out when I get to that point. All sides will look the same. Again this was done using only moi3d.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails column box1.jpg   column jewelry box.jpg   column jewelry box1.jpg  

Eddie

Very good idea and design
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Great minds think alike! I designed an Urn (for my Aunt) inspired by your latest design. I used rope columns at 45 degrees!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DebbiesUrn2of3.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	510.8 KB 
ID:	58742
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast