Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bit and collar

Default bit and collar

I was wondering if anyone has tried this bit and collar. I got them off Ebay for $22.00. They also had the 1/16 carving bit with the same set-screw collar for same price.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCI0190.JPG  
    Morton

I have, I got a cutting bit and then bought an adapter for a carving bit. Used loctight when installing the carving bit in the adapter and check the cutting bit (It was good to go) I used them on my older A series machine, carving and cutting yellow pine. Didn't have any problems. Checked them after the project and the bits were still solid in the adapters. Then carved in red oak - no problems either. Bits still rock solid. I use these for spares now because I have 2 sets of the regular carvetight bits

My new C series Carvewright only gets the Carvetight bits.

Sent you a PM as well
    Last edited by chief2007; 10-27-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Hello
    I have one like the one pictured that I have been using for about 2 years now. I have no trouble at all. I was having truoble with the QC and decided to try making a chuck that hoped would work. It has been working fine. I have very little vibration and the flex cable runs a lot cooler. I have pictures of the chuck I made in my album on the forum.

Have converted my decorative bits over to this same adapter. Was frustrated with the split collet and 1/4 inch stop collars - didn't always get the proper seating when changing out the bits and the stop collar sometimes would deform from the heat.

Took a little time getting the measurements just right, but the all look good. As with the bit installed in the QC adapters, I used permanent thread cement on the bit shaft and set crews. So far so good working great with no problems.

Carvewright/LHR has the scanning probe adapter (converts the QC adapter to a carvetight adapter) they could to the same thing with. Just need to add set screws. I will post some pics shortly

Here is a picture of the bits installed in the adapters. Just had to compensate for the difference in the collar of this bit adapter and that of the 1/4" split collet and bit stop.

Now if I can just find permament stop sleeve for the 1/2 shaft bit all would be great

where can i get a couple of those collars? i need 2.

Quote Originally Posted by bayea View Post
    where can i get a couple of those collars? i need 2.

Bayea, here is an E-Bay listing for them at $12. ea. w/ free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Craftsman-Ca...item3f0ffa4bf7

Ed
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Remember when using these to use permanent thread cement (loc-tite) when installing the bits you do not want them coming loose.

Here is a picture of my entire set minus the 1/16 carving and 1/8 cutting bits - On the 1/2 shaft bits I added metal stop collars in lieu of the plastic stop collars.

I am not seeing the bit and collar listing on eBay. I think I would like to try one. Does anyone have a link?

I just bought some using the link in this topic string. Seemed to work.

Sorry, read the whole post Jim, I just purchased the collars listed not the bit and collar.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast