Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bit and collar

Thanks, but the original post was for the collar AND the bit for $22. That's what I was looking for.

Shacky

here is the link for the bit and the adapter $22.50 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carvewright-...item3f0d76a355
    Last edited by chief2007; 11-18-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Why not buy router bits with the 1/2" shaft instead of getting router bits that have 1/4" and have to put an adapter on it. I could see if you were trying to use existing 1/4" shaft bits but if you had to buy new, wouldn't 1/2" shaft no adapter be better? Or is there a pro and con to this idea?

Default Proper type of bits

Quote Originally Posted by KeystoneChuck View Post
    Why not buy router bits with the 1/2" shaft instead of getting router bits that have 1/4" and have to put an adapter on it. I could see if you were trying to use existing 1/4" shaft bits but if you had to buy new, wouldn't 1/2" shaft no adapter be better? Or is there a pro and con to this idea?
    The main key is that all the bits should have carbide cutting edges.
    Second, care should be taken to assure that each bit purchased conform, in size, to the list of bits available from LHR. The reason is that the software is designed to expect a given maximum head size, and a given flute length, for the selected bit. Over sized bits could cause excess pressure on various machine parts, breaking something along the way.

If you've kept up with the forum, you've seen the caution about the 1/4 inch carbide shanks needing the pressed on collar, rather than using a split collet (those bits are best purchased from LHR, or at least conform to the LHR standard).
    We're speaking of the 1/16" carving and the 1/8" Straight (cutting) bits.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Why does LHR charge the same price for the 1/16" cutting bit without the QC adapter? It would be nice to save a little. They charge $10 for the QC, but charge the same $25 price for the bit if you don't get the adapter. I have a bunch of adapters I don't need. If they just charged $20 for the bit without the adapter, I'd be able to buy more bits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12