Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pop up advertising

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedWoodshop View Post
    That image is very small .. but judging by the number of browser add ons and tool bars that you have running ... just in that pic ... it is one of them ... try turning them off one at a time until it goes away.
    +1

I definitely agree with Jason on this one.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

2. Default

At the top it says "Arcadeweb advertizing". Check your browser add ons for something with that name. Also check your control panel for the same thing.

Probably the coupon or Shop at Home one....
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Good news,it's fixed.
    I know next to nothing about computors, but my genius son who's going to college for network administration agreed with the advice on here and took care of it. Knowing he's getting a good education makes me feel just a little less broke.
    Thanks for all the advice everyone.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Dan, glad you found the fix, after looking at your screen shot, you sure are loosing a lot of your viewing area. If it were me I'd get rid of all those tool bars, not only will it free up screen space but your computer will run a little faster. It's like....how many search engines does one need on the screen at a time... Just my 2¢ worth.

CarverJerry
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Do I just just right click, delete? I should check with the others who use this too. Thanks for the suggestion.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Dan to disable them, click on tools, manage addons, and disable the ones showing at the top of internet explorer.

Just for information, there is not a single tool bar that adds any value to your internet browsing. I do have google tool bar on mine but only for the ranking feature. If not for that it would be gone too.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12