Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pop up advertising

Default Pop up advertising

Why am I getting pop up advertising on the forum now?

For example : On this thread, the words Online Tools are highlighted and when you run the mouse over it , it pops up an advertisment from Arcade Web advertising. There are several words like this through out the forum.

Does anyone else have this very annoying problem?

I did a full Norton scan and it didn't remove it. Is this something CW is doing or is it my computor?
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Arrow

no, you could need to reset your web browser options to default, as a tool bar could be redirecting... I use PC tools for my checker...

3. Default

I think LG may be right, I would check your browser tool bars and add-ons. I have tried a couple of different browsers on this end, and cannot reproduce your issue. I also scanned the forum backend, and didn't see anything suspicious.
    Chris Morlier
    CarveWright

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Woodman View Post
    Why am I getting pop up advertising on the forum now?

For example : On this thread, the words Online Tools are highlighted and when you run the mouse over it , it pops up an advertisment from Arcade Web advertising. There are several words like this through out the forum.

Does anyone else have this very annoying problem?

I did a full Norton scan and it didn't remove it. Is this something CW is doing or is it my computor?
    later Daniel
    If you are speaking of the quick navigation box near the bottom of the page, it is just that a Quick way to go to a different portion of the CW pages.

If you are talking about text within a post, we need to see the link to that post in order to help eliminate the potential spam.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Here is the picture I was referring to.
    Right under the black bar it says Forum-Getting started- Online Tools. The words " Online Tools" is highlighted and underlined. these are the words that pop up a window box when the mouse is over them.
    You can click on the thumbnail and then click on it again and it will be big enough to see.
    later Daniel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails heart.jpg   heart.jpg  
    Last edited by Dan-Woodman; 10-25-2011 at 12:27 AM.

That sure looks like malware to me. I would download and install Malwarebytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org/. You can use the free version, but let it update it's definitions and then run a full scan. There are many antivirus programs that dont seem to flag a whole lot of malware (Norton, Trend, macafee, avg, etc).
    Doug Fletcher

7. Default

My browser was doing the same thing a while ago. If I remember it was due to a search engine tool bar that was loaded on an update or something tht I didn't really intend to use. I think it was from Ask.com that time. I went to my control panel and deleted the program and it fixed it. Looks like you have a large number of tool bars loaded in. Could be any one of them.

What happens if you click on the words that are underlined? It should give you a hint as to which one may be doing it.

I'm not finding anything....
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Hopefully, here is another picture after the mouse is over the highlighted words without clicking on it.
    We ran a Norton scan and then the next day Norton automaticly ran there monthly scan.
    later Daniel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails heart.jpg  

10. Default

That image is very small .. but judging by the number of browser add ons and tool bars that you have running ... just in that pic ... it is one of them ... try turning them off one at a time until it goes away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast