Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GIMP Tutorial #4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default GIMP Tutorial #4

This is all outdated. New Versions of the software have come out and I have not kept up with them.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan Malmstrom; 08-10-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Outdated

Alan, I can see you have put a lot of effort and time into the tutorials you have created so far. I have briefly looked over them and they look great! Thank you for your efforts.

Enjoy indeed-- very nice job again from what I can tell at first glance. I'll be reading this at my leisure later tonight.

Thanks for taking the time to do this,
    Lawrence

Thanks, Allen ,much appreciated.

Capt Barry

Thanks Alan, I too am collecting your documents, and they have been very informative.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Thanks so much Alan. Your tutorials are very informative.
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Alan
    Just wanted to thank you for taking the time explain this to me
    This is BETTER than taking a class at a college as I would be forced to learn all aspects of the Adobe type class when in reality I only want to learn what you are teaching
    May you should name your class ''Gimp for Dummies''
    Denny

Or maybe "Gimp for woodies"

Quote Originally Posted by dcalvin4 View Post
    Alan
    Just wanted to thank you for taking the time explain this to me
    This is BETTER than taking a class at a college as I would be forced to learn all aspects of the Adobe type class when in reality I only want to learn what you are teaching
    May you should name your class ''Gimp for Dummies''
    Denny

I just purchased 4 5 and 6 from Alan. as with the other tutorials I am sure they are great, and well worth the effort to read them, and learn from them. For anyone wanting to create pattern and not rely on others this is a great method to start the learning experience.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Alan's tutorials are really great. The step-by-step format and illustrated explanations make it easy for anyone to learn how to make many types of patterns using the FREE program GIMP, or whatever similar photo editing program they may already own. I've got all of Alan's tutorials (the first 3 are free, and I invested in the 4,5,6 tutorials). Of course, I will purchase the future versions as they become available.

I think they are quite impressive and appreciate the effort and time Alan is putting into his tutorial series to add a new dimension of FUN for the CarveWright community. Three dollars for each tutorial?...holy cow! Waaay under priced in my opinion. They are worth far more than that. Thanks, Alan for sharing your expertise and skill at such a bargain price!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast