Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GIMP Tutorial #4

1. Default GIMP Tutorial #4

This is all outdated. New Versions of the software have come out and I have not kept up with them.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan Malmstrom; 08-10-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Outdated

Alan, I can see you have put a lot of effort and time into the tutorials you have created so far. I have briefly looked over them and they look great! Thank you for your efforts.

Enjoy indeed-- very nice job again from what I can tell at first glance. I'll be reading this at my leisure later tonight.

Thanks for taking the time to do this,
    Lawrence

Thanks, Allen ,much appreciated.

Capt Barry

Thanks Alan, I too am collecting your documents, and they have been very informative.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Thanks so much Alan. Your tutorials are very informative.
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Alan
    Just wanted to thank you for taking the time explain this to me
    This is BETTER than taking a class at a college as I would be forced to learn all aspects of the Adobe type class when in reality I only want to learn what you are teaching
    May you should name your class ''Gimp for Dummies''
    Denny

Or maybe "Gimp for woodies"

Quote Originally Posted by dcalvin4 View Post
    Alan
    Just wanted to thank you for taking the time explain this to me
    This is BETTER than taking a class at a college as I would be forced to learn all aspects of the Adobe type class when in reality I only want to learn what you are teaching
    May you should name your class ''Gimp for Dummies''
    Denny

Alan, Thanks for the wonderful tutorials and looking forward to more, I think I may finally be getting some of this in my dumb head!

Is anyone else having trouble with attachments #4 and #5? I get an error, contact administrator!

I don't see the pdf icon next to the attachment # like it is on #1, #2 and #3.
    John
    version 1.164

I like your tutorials, although I will admit I have not bought any yet. I have no issues with you trying to market your knowledge, but I'm also the type of person who will would rather sit down and muddle thru things for hours than pay for something. That being said, your $5 and now $3 is really a great bargain. I most likely will buy them after the holiday (i know.. u wanted the $ to help with the holiday). I applaud your efforts and I know you will probably never get a fair "rate" for your time. I guess that is why I have always taken the stand of just giving everything away. I figured the moment I start charging for anything, then I'll start feeling bitter about this hobby. In my mind it is just better to give away what I can and savor the appreciation from helping people out when I can.

Let me say one more time though, I see nothing wrong with marketing your tutorials... and I really do think they are a steal. I do hope you will continue to make them and I'm nearly positive I'll be sending you a donation regardless at some point. I'm sure it is frustrating feeling like your efforts are not being appreciated.
    Doug Fletcher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast