Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: help with pattern

EDDIE, mighty fine work. Capt Barry

2. Default

Yes, I will finish it up and post it tomorrow.

Just hang in there tjl232, we'll get this done for you soon enough.

Eddie, that is cool looking. I didn't really "hate to admit it" when I said you do nice work. I always try not to joke around but sometimes I can't help it. Sorry I'll work on that. Can I count on you fellow forum members to call me out on that?

And the tutorials I make on GIMP http://forum.carvewright.com/forumdi...Party-Software (Free Plug) are for making raster graphics which many people on the forum may want to look into. I just try to do my part in promoting Carvewright.

Alan

3. Default

Hi tjl232

It took a lot more than an hour but here it is. I tried to put as much detail in as I could. I think it turned out pretty good.

I have included a png file to view it and the ptn file that will open up right in your program if its on the same computer.

I hope it works out good for you.

Tanker2.ptnClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Tanker.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	288.5 KB 
ID:	48370

Alan

Alan, that came out great. That truck is not an easy one to do.
    I too have gotten a chance to work on the tanker I am creating. Still not finished, with 3 hours total on this one. Lots of details to add, bumper, mirrors, exhaust pipes, and so on. The cab is taking shape, still not sure how I want it to look when finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tanker5.jpg   tanker6.jpg   tanker7.jpg   tanker8.jpg  

Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Great Job everyone! When I first saw the pic, the Original Poster had put up, I remember thinking.. "ya good luck with that".. Just no way someone could make a decent pattern with that. But now I will eat my humble pie and admit you all have far more talent than I can ever hope to acquire. It is awesome just watching you guys as you create these awesome patterns out of "thin air" it seems sometimes. Keep it up!
    Doug Fletcher

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Alan, that came out great. That truck is not an easy one to do.
    I too have gotten a chance to work on the tanker I am creating. Still not finished, with 3 hours total on this one. Lots of details to add, bumper, mirrors, exhaust pipes, and so on. The cab is taking shape, still not sure how I want it to look when finished.
    No its not easy to do trucks because of all the detail. Organic shapes are so much easier. I used to draw a lot of trucks for work when I did yellow page adds, but that was easy compared to making a height map.

The good thing about doing it in 3D, as you are doing, is that you can do a final output for carving in any position you want. You know there may be a lot of demand for trucks in the future.

I looked into Moi today and I didn't see many exmples of the kind of organic ornate applique type victorian designs that I think about making.

Alan

Here is one I made using MoI 3d. I carved really good. The first is the image I used and the second is an image from designer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails luther-rose.jpg   luther rose.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

8. Default

I remember the guy who was looking for help on that Luther Rose. I was one of the guys who responded to it also.

Here is the design I came up with for that. I use Adobe Illustrator with blends and then photoshop for layers and curves.

But yours looks deeper and better. Nice Job!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lutheran Rose.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	48377

Alan

Yes he carved the rose and posted the carving here. I like your version too, it came out really nice.

See 3rd party software MOI3d, and the latest John posted of the ice cream cone. It is really good, and if the time comes you want to purchase Moi, contact John he sells it as a lower price.

Eddie

Great work guys. Two mines are better than one. Capt Barry

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast