Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: help with pattern

yes this would be great

Glad we all could help in some way to make your carving experience as good as we can.

Stephen

Man, I wish I had time right now to work on it but I just got back from a weekend away and have about the busiest next two weeks possible... if anyone else can step up that'd be great because it will probably be a while before I can

Sorry I can't help sooner,
    Lawrence

4. Default

I think a photo like this would have to be broken down into its basic parts to be carved into wood. It's pretty unlikely that your going to get the logo on the door and stuff like that. The grill on the front would have to be changed to allow for better carvability. Of caurse I'm talking about the truck only and not the trees and road unless you would want a line for the road under the truck. Might take almost an hour to do something like this.

Let me know if you want me to give it a shot tomorrow night.

Alan

Alan

no trees just the truck.change the grill if that helps.

Liked the truck concept, so here is a 3d model of the tanker part (not finished yet), have about 30 minutes into it so far. This may never be a pattern, with it being a true 3d. Hope to make the cab tonight, and of course the wheel wells on the trailer wheels.

This was done using Silo version 2.2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tanker1.jpg   tanker2.jpg   tanker3.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thats really impressive for 30 mins eddie. Great job. Someday I'll get back to carving, but Im having way to much fun with my Laser right now.
    Doug Fletcher

lookn good eddie
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Liked the truck concept, so here is a 3d model of the tanker part (not finished yet), have about 30 minutes into it so far. This may never be a pattern, with it being a true 3d. Hope to make the cab tonight, and of course the wheel wells on the trailer wheels.

This was done using Silo version 2.2
    I was making a 2D pattern for this truck but you have upstaged me. And I hate to admit it but that is really nice work. You 3D guys are way far advanced over me. I wish I had the time and the money to get into the 3D programs. Ya that's really really nice.

Alan

Alan, continue to make the pattern for him. This will not be a pattern, or if I make it into a pattern it will be on my site for sale. I am making this, well because I like modeling, and the tanker truck looked interesting. I am not using any image, just going by visions in my head of what I want it to look like. Such as this image I added the fenders and hoses. It looks like I will be spending a lot of time on this model now, adding the details, which takes some doing.

John, Doug and Alan thanks for the comments.

EDIT: Alan, you have done great work using PS and creating patterns, I have been impressed and following your tutorials, and hope to use them when you have finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tanker4.jpg  
    Last edited by eelamb; 10-24-2011 at 09:39 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast