Thread: Christmas Presents

Default Christmas Presents

I guess it's time to think about Christmas presents already. I received SEVEN Cane orders yesterday. (all wanting them to give as Christmas presents) I will post pic's when I get them finished, just to get this thread started.

Ed

Here they are, All seven completed and clear coated, hanging from the Ceiling fan on my back porch. Just over three hours carving time each, done on an "A" machine with NO upgrades..without any hic-ups at all.

SIX are Cedar, and one is Cherry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA230126.jpg  
    Last edited by edzbaker; 10-23-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Posting pictures
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

good job . how did you get the carveing on the round part ?

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

Help ! I can't tell where I am . Its's dark and I can hear laughing .

ED !!!! Fantastic WORK......

Now all we need is a line of 3D Xmas Ornaments, 3 at a time with one blank...

Tom,

It is the NEW Rotary Jig..... Look for the Post "The Cat's Out of the Bag" from a few weeks ago and HUNDREDS of daily posts.....

The Wood Blank rolls in the machine like a rolling pin between the sand paper belts....

He cuts the cane off and inserts the carved area into the CW. When done he glues it back on matching the Grain Marks and you never see the glue line....

The T top handle is also glued after the fact.... A few months ago someone posted a DUCK head he was cutting for the T head on regular Cains before the Jig...

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 10-25-2011 at 11:29 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

4. Default

Awesome! How long did the carving take of the bikini, and what's in it? :P
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.
    Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

FATAL ERROR! SYSTEM HALTED! - Press any key to do nothing...

Some people have a way with words, others not have way.
    CarveSpot Forum

Quote Originally Posted by edzbaker View Post
    I guess it's time to think about Christmas presents already. I received SEVEN Cane orders yesterday. (all wanting them to give as Christmas presents) I will post pic's when I get them finished, just to get this thread started.

Ed

Here they are, All seven completed and clear coated, hanging from the Ceiling fan on my back porch. Just over three hours carving time each, done on an "A" machine with NO upgrades..without any hic-ups at all.

SIX are Cedar, and one is Cherry.
    I have to ask what's the story with the plaque on the wall in the background,are you having your own version of A Christmas Story?
    The canes look great!
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

ha ha... the plaque on the wall was actually a 60th birthday present from a friend. They all said that I was so Old that all I can do now is look, and remember the good times.....
    That is not true.. I still eat popcorn ! (The popcorn waggon is all wood and made with the CW)

Thanks for the comments..

Ed
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Ed, did you also use the rotary jig to make the handles?

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

No, Jerry I made the cane handles by hand. Occasionally I make some cane handles using "two sided carves" with the CW, but mostly I make them by hand. People tell me that a carved handle just doesn't add much to a Custom Carved Cane. I'm not bragging, but Many of the cane owners have described their canes as "Beautiful pieces of art". Naturally, that makes me feel good.

Thanks..

Ed
    Thank You....

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States, 110419212320033, Indianapolis, Indiana

Hi Ed

I thought I'd add my two cents. I just got my jig and have read the manaul, very interresting. I'm a retired Die Maker from G.M. and have ran a lot of very large metal working machines making other machines and when I saw how your jig worked I wondered why it took so long for someone to figure this out. But that's the was all new things are once somebody has taking the time to figure it out. Good job.

I haven't made anything with it yet, having problems with board tracking in both X & Y repeating that I want to fix first. there is one thing that I don't understand & I'll read the instructions again. It's abput board thickness, how and when does the CW pick up the top of the dowel? From what I understand the bit should plunge right through the dowel down to the thickness of the board that drives the dowel??? It's most likely me not understanding every thing I know about It.

Thanks for all the work you have put into this.
    Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the least.

Check out my Blog Wayne's Wood Working Shop at
    http://wwwshop-wwwshop.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wgrigsby View Post
    Hi Ed

I thought I'd add my two cents. I just got my jig and have read the manaul, very interresting. I'm a retired Die Maker from G.M. and have ran a lot of very large metal working machines making other machines and when I saw how your jig worked I wondered why it took so long for someone to figure this out. But that's the was all new things are once somebody has taking the time to figure it out. Good job.

I haven't made anything with it yet, having problems with board tracking in both X & Y repeating that I want to fix first. there is one thing that I don't understand & I'll read the instructions again. It's abput board thickness, how and when does the CW pick up the top of the dowel? From what I understand the bit should plunge right through the dowel down to the thickness of the board that drives the dowel??? It's most likely me not understanding every thing I know about It.

Thanks for all the work you have put into this.
    Re-read page #3. Half way down the 2nd column is where you see the change.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29