Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3d scanner and David 3d software

pretty cool Alan...did you use the autodesk photofly?...I played around with it a while back....rushed thru too quick to get anything decent out of it..yours looks pretty good...once you have your model you can actually "lay" a photo over it in zbrush with a feature called lightbox and "paint" in detail to get it looking more like the subject...yours is pretty close
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

2. Default

Hi John

I didn't use any software other than Photoshop. I used my cheap laser level connected to a jig that I made to guide it horizontaly, and my digital camera set to 320X240 30 Frames Per Second. I did chop up the video using Sony Vegas Video though.

I made a few scripts in Photoshop to batch process the sequence of photos. There was a little manual work to put all the lines of resolution next to each other to come up with the final picture.

Alan

Very cool had no Idea that was possible in PS
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

That's just awesome Alan-- and thanks for the feedback from everyone else too!. The resolution/quality of the images goes WAY up and the time way down when folks use a portable projector vice a laser too. I'm keeping my eye out for one. Here's how it works (though the software is still the same, david 3d)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PqmUMt_wJQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12