Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Designer Latest Version Update

After deleting does the file size actually get any smaller? I could of swore at one time, that was the issue. The file just continually expanded and once it hit a certain size the only option was to rename and create a new one. I'll try to find the relevant thread when I get a few free moments today. Perhaps with one of the upgrades this has changed however.

edit: I could find the thread I was thinking of, but I did run across several others where people said that by deleting patterns from the mpn file solved their problem. So apparently I was mistaken.
    Last edited by dbfletcher; 10-06-2011 at 07:43 AM.
    Doug Fletcher

I wonder if AskBud has anything on cleaning up this .mpn file. I've reached a point where it's now running real slow (in opening up) as I'm sure that I have waayyy too many ptns in there. I did try to export some of them, but I get a statement that I can't do that unless I've "authored" the ptn. I've tried "dragging and dropping" them and some can and some can't be moved for some reason. Looks like when that is done it appears that it doesn't move it, but maybe just makes a copy of the ptn in to the new location.... not sure. I was hoping I could just copy each ptn (or export it) to a created folder (under carvewright folder) and pull them and use them as I needed them. If I rename the .mpn file then a new one will be created and it will be empty (except for the basic stuff that comes with Designer right)? Then I'll have to figure out a way to import each of the ptns from the "old" .mpn file. I sure would like to find a way to clean this .mpn file up right (once and for all). Any suggestions?
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

my little window (preview of library pattern) hasn't worked for a couple of years. last I talk to LHR about it they said they would look into it. Hardware acceleration is on auto.
    later Daniel
    Last edited by Dan-Woodman; 10-06-2011 at 09:15 AM.
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    I wonder if AskBud has anything on cleaning up this .mpn file. I've reached a point where it's now running real slow (in opening up) as I'm sure that I have waayyy too many ptns in there. I did try to export some of them, but I get a statement that I can't do that unless I've "authored" the ptn. I've tried "dragging and dropping" them and some can and some can't be moved for some reason. Looks like when that is done it appears that it doesn't move it, but maybe just makes a copy of the ptn in to the new location.... not sure. I was hoping I could just copy each ptn (or export it) to a created folder (under carvewright folder) and pull them and use them as I needed them. If I rename the .mpn file then a new one will be created and it will be empty (except for the basic stuff that comes with Designer right)? Then I'll have to figure out a way to import each of the ptns from the "old" .mpn file. I sure would like to find a way to clean this .mpn file up right (once and for all). Any suggestions?
    Jerry,
    I'm sending you a PM.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Download 1.186, but cannot open. Using Mac 10.4

Quote Originally Posted by snoops3 View Post
    Download 1.186, but cannot open. Using Mac 10.4
    Did you use the mac software (http://www.carvewright.com/support-p...tting-started/
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

runing win 7 when installed and run under admin Locks up and gui crashes!!! files are under 100 meg and only 1 fav

anyone remember how we worked around the Gui Crashing in the past.
    When installed .87 gui started crashing? looked for the old Fav file it is gone along with lots of pats.

I removed it and tried to reload the older ver and it still carshes and still no fave file. any ideas on how to fix or how to completely remove CW and start over. This is doing this on 2 pcs with win 7 one laptop will run the demo?

I have the same problem, the old version and the new. LHR didn't know why. Anyone knows what to do?

I had that problem... Designer would instantly crash --- I did the following;

Delete Designer and then DELETE the C++ files that loaded when you installed designer.... from within the control panel of windows.

Then download and install designer, it will reload the C++ files...

It worked for me, maybe for you too hopefully....
    Custom Built Quilt Hangers and Quilt Racks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast