Thread: Design question

Default Design question

So I'm using Designer, and laying patterns. Is there any way to lay a ruler on the screen? The idea is that I have an item on a board, not centered with x or y axis. I want to put a pattern down twice, but the same distance from the end of the carving. Normally, when just woodworking, I'd lay a ruler down and measure 4" (for example) from either end, but other than eyeballing it, can't seem to get the software to do this. Any thoughts?

There is no ruler but you can use the attachment points to do the same thing. These are the green numbers that show up on the side and top or bottom of the design, just right click on the number, type in the distance you want and hit enter, the number then turns yellow showing that it is controlling the distance.

Also, don't forget that you can change the snap to grid function to make your lines "snap" to a certain length (such as every inch etc)

Let us know if you want more explanation on this- it's a really valuable tool

Lawrence

Geophyrd

Use "Attach". Right click on any control point (eg. corner) and select "Attach". As you move your mouse around the board you can see what you can attach to and the distance. To remove the attachment right click on the yellow text and select "Remove Attachment"

Edit: I think I was typing when others were replying also.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 07-04-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    Steve

OR do like I do in Designer and in Corel Draw.... Draw Blocks to use for portable measuring sticks.... I use place on END in designing my projects and normally design with a 4 inch area on the right side of Designer that is blank. This is to manually stay under the rollers..

Just draw blocks and set the length in the window and place in position...

And in the Last 2 Pictures... EXTREME RULLERS.... I photographed the building with a 4 foot white box on the ground in front. In Corel Draw, I drew a 4 inch long box. I imported the picture and zoomed it until the 4 inch White Box in the Picture and the Corel 4 Inch Box were the same... I was able to place letters on the building in COREL DRAW and given the numbers was able to submit to the Township the Square Footage of the Sign as part of the Approval Process... AND once the Size of the letters were approved... MADE the same size letters in DESIGNER... and cut them out... I should take pictures of the finished sign... It has been a long time....

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MPC 1.jpg   c4.jpg   CW 3x.jpg   DSC01993_WEB.jpg  

BC2.jpg   BC.jpg   KFinal32.jpg   DSC02012_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com