Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: servo error

Default servo error

I just recieved a servo stallerror and missed the info that came with it. I know I opened the machine to vacume it outn when I closed it and hit enter the bit moved but didn,t swpin. Any help on this one? I hope I posted this in the correct place.
    Thanks
    Don

How wide is your project? Could be a fatal error 2 or 3 that will be fixed next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

The project was 9.25 wide.
    Don

Grasshopper.... The clue was Vacuum.... I believe you have an error caused by using the vacuum cleaner to clean the machine and the static produced by the chips flowing through the hose produce thousands of volts of computer killing power... You "May" have fried the $300.00 computer, Power Supply, and more.....

Another post please after removing the card and re formatting starting over as well as re booting the machine.... We will know more depending on what you find next.

Do a search on Static Electricity and Vacuuming the machine and find dozens of posts.... "I stopped my machine and vacuumed it out and now it is DEAD"......

Read Tips and Tricks for more things you really need to know before you plug in the machine.... But I just saw over 60 posts....

I could be wrong... and it could be the error LHR is addrressing....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 10-02-2011 at 02:08 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Al, I tried another card and all is working well. I know I've done this before and nothiing happened. Did I just get careless this time.Also is the card I used before now waste?
    Don

Al, I see youir a very busy man today so THANK-YOU for your time. Now I reread the maint part on cleaning your machine so my question is, when the machine is unplugged, vacuming will no longer hurt the machine?
    Don

Could be a fatal error 2 or 3 that will be fixed next week.
    Please add a Fatal Error 4 to that, please. Same conditions cause it, Pause Machine, then Continue.

And these 2, 3, and 4 errors aren't just with Wide Boards, although with Wide Boards they are consistent.

Kenny

Since the Computer and Power supply are at the bottom and the Computer is surrounded by a metal box, and in my case, the metal is grounded, how does Vacuuming the inside of the machine Zap the computer?

Kenny

This brings up another good question.....should I ground the machine also? Looking forward to answers on some of my dumb questions.
    THANKS ALL
    Don

I have a ground wire from outlet screw to 1 of the screws holding down the traction belt on far side of machine. 14 gauge bare copper wire.

I question I was thinking, what's the difference between vacuuming and dust collection as far as static is concerned? Don't they both draw sawdust through a plastic fitting/hose?

Kenny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast