The thing that struck me about this "update" was I actually asked this question way back in 2010.

dbfletcher 04-23-2010, 09:53 PM
And we all know the rock chuck's are nearly perfectly balanced. I guess we will have to wat for MT to chime in and explain all the "benifits" over LHR or aftermarket chucks out there.

I's sticking with the rock unless there is some REAL benifit to this new chuck. I'd love to see a third party do a static and dynamic balance test on thest two chucks to see who the real winner is.

Doug Fletcher
I guess it took a while, but it would appear that this question has finally been answered. I'm not bashing anyone or anything... at the time I just wanted some empirical data that would compare all the chuck alternatives. Even now, I'd still love to see some data but I understand the logistics of getting impartial data in a way we could all agree was fair and balanced.

the original thread has since been archived, but you can still google it if your want to read the entire thread. Im not sure if it is possible to read archived items directly within the forum.

edit: I was mistaken... the entire thread still exists on the live forurm : http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...chuck-released...