Thread: Warranty for CarveTight Spindle

Default Warranty for CarveTight Spindle

Does anyone know if there is a warranty on the CarveTight Spindle? This afternoon I was trying to finish up a last minute gift and everything was going fine. I walked over to the machine as I often do to check on the progress and saw that the head of the bottom left bolt was laying in my sled. Looks like it just sheared off. The bearing still seems like it is tight enough as I can't feel any movement side to side with it.
    I put the CarveTight Spindle on both of my machines about 3 weeks ago and have not had any problems with either one until today.
    Do I need to send it back to LHR for a replacement? I know there is no one there the rest of this week, so I can't call them until Monday.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemi View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a warranty on the CarveTight Spindle? This afternoon I was trying to finish up a last minute gift and everything was going fine. I walked over to the machine as I often do to check on the progress and saw that the head of the bottom left bolt was laying in my sled. Looks like it just sheared off. The bearing still seems like it is tight enough as I can't feel any movement side to side with it.
    I put the CarveTight Spindle on both of my machines about 3 weeks ago and have not had any problems with either one until today.
    Do I need to send it back to LHR for a replacement? I know there is no one there the rest of this week, so I can't call them until Monday.

Mike
    It sounds like it might of been over tightened. You should be able to replace the bolt/screw if you can get it out.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.