Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The cat is out of the bag.. Round Carvings are possible with the Carvewright.

it appears to me that the sled sits stationary and the movement of the sandpaper belts moves the edge sandpaper belts which turns the piece-- am I right? If so, that is excellent "thinking out of the box".

This is one of those items that, now that the idea is out of the bag, could probably be duplicated fairly easily.
    I for one will be sure to purchase it as the inventor deserves credit (and money), in my opinion, for coming up with such a revolutionary idea.

Well done indeed-
    Lawrence
    Last edited by lawrence; 09-24-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    I am little lost, do you manually turn it as the unit carves or do you have a servo, also looks like the mpc is not wrapped so are you just turning 1/4 and or reloading the pattern?
    LG,

I got a chance to view it at LHR and the jig is held stationary in the machine and the bottom board indexes the round stock with each pass.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Sweet! I like the idea of the belt turning it.. Nice idea and looks like setting up a pattern would be simple.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 09-24-2011 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ladjr View Post
    This is great. How do you make a 32 in cane. Are you combining them. I have never had luck putting them together. I have had t use a lathe. I have a retirement center I make canes for (free) and this will be great.
    ladjr, To make a cane I start with a 36" piece of 2 inch stock. Cut off the top 14 inches, carve it and then re-join it to the bottom piece using a 3/4 inch hardwood dowel in the center. Turn it down on a wood lathe and attach the handle with another 3/4 inch dowel. With some practice you can hardly find the joint.
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedWoodshop View Post
    I have a couple of questions ...

1. Are you going to make the patterns, that you use, available for purchase
    2. Where do we order more material to be used in the jig, what is the price and shipping time
    Patterns that you already have can be used with the Rotary jig, but I'm sure some of the pattern makers will get on board soon with patterns specifically for the Rotary Jig. I believe Michael Tyler is interested in doing just that.

Two Inch Diameter stock can be purchased from several places: Bayerwood.com has Birch in 2" x 36" for just over $8 ea. Caseyswood.com has them for around $11. craftparts.com has maple, So there are several suppliers. And if you have (or know someone who has) a wood lathe, you can make the rounds.
    I have about 100 2" X 36" mix of Cedar, Maple, and wild cherry, that are available. I am making some 14" stock from Black Walnut but those will not be ready for a few months.
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

6. Default

thank you for the answer ....

Ed, looks like a great idea! How about a video of it in action, I'm sure it would clear up a lot of questions. Greg

WoW! What fantastic gifts that will make! Yep! Mine has been ordered, great principal and simple. Great Job! More fun with this machine

How does the machine measure the board on start up? Is there a trick to that? Seems like it would be an infinite loop without something to tell it that it is at the end of the board. Also, what is the cost?

Thanks..
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Wow Ed what a great idear, Just placed my order can't wait to get my hands on the Rotary Jig. My wife likes to bake
    Cookies now she can roll designs in them. In the Kairos prison ministry we take cookies in for the inmates with this we can personalize the cookies

Thanks Jim

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast