Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The cat is out of the bag.. Round Carvings are possible with the Carvewright.

Lawrence, The Rotary jig was tested by LHR. It will work with either sandpaper or rubber belts, and any of the Bit Chucks that you named. Dust collection is very much needed, and I would recommend the Ringneck.

Bayea, Take a look at some of the canes I have been making. Those pictures might help answer your question. They can be found here:
    http://customcarved.web.officelive.com/default.aspx For these, I set up a board 6.728 long by 14 wide, and place my patterns in a carved region of .300 deep. You can only carve on 12 inches of the 14 inch stock. it requires one inch on each end to center and rotate the stock.

I hope this answers some of the questions..

Ed
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

So similar to setting up the page size for a laser engraver, the paper height is the diameter of the stock or bottle.... OR in the CW case... Board Width is Stock Diameter and 12 inch wide or board length of 12 inches....

At least that is how I understand it....

WOW.... I posted over on Sawmill Creek about this on the CarveWright Thread and sent off a PM to Guy Mathew my local 4th Axis and CNC "GOD".... ChrisAlb and I visited him a few years ago.....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

ordered mine, hope it comes with good step by step instructions
    steve
    Start U Member

Steve, The instructions are being "Profesionalized" by Michael Tyler this weekend. You all know him, and how he does things. I'm certain that they will be much better than the instructions that I had written up. The Rotary Jig will have TWO pieces of 2" by 14" round carving stock (Birch or Maple) included, along with a copy of instructions.

Al, thanks for the publicity ! ! The setup is actually Diameter = board length. And width of 14 inches. For 2 inch stock I use 6.728 Length, and it works out well.

If you noticed the "Beer Tap Handle" on the e-mail, that was designed and carved at LHR, by Joe Lovchik

This picture shows how I would setup to carve the top of a cane. You can study the MPC and get the idea. The Rotary Jig would "Wrap" the MPC around the carving stock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Setup.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by edzbaker; 09-23-2011 at 09:28 PM.
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Very cool Ed!!!! And congratulations to you and Floyd for your great inventions that are LHR approved! I think it is fantastic and brightens the already bright light from LHR!

Ike

6. Default

I have a couple of questions ...

1. Are you going to make the patterns, that you use, available for purchase
    2. Where do we order more material to be used in the jig, what is the price and shipping time

This is great. How do you make a 32 in cane. Are you combining them. I have never had luck putting them together. I have had t use a lathe. I have a retirement center I make canes for (free) and this will be great.

Congrats on a very cool product, I see this adding a whole new level to the projects that can be accomplished. I am definitely in line for one of these, just holding off until I hear a bit more about patterns and stock to make these. For those of us that don't have such a great imagination, I would suggest selling patterns that work well on the round stock, as well as possibly the tips to make the canes.

My grandpa just started using a cane and it would make me pretty proud to give him one that I made, he has always been very supportive of my making sawdust.

Thanks,
    Craig

Can you say...Chess Set? hmmm...
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I am little lost, do you manually turn it as the unit carves or do you have a servo, also looks like the mpc is not wrapped so are you just turning 1/4 and or reloading the pattern?
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 09-24-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast