Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The cat is out of the bag.. Round Carvings are possible with the Carvewright.

A "wonderment" (new word?) of CWs. It's a WONDER how in the heck you wound up with so many when you only MEANT to get one!
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Default Brown Dog Brew Beer tap handle

Here are the pictures of the beer tap handle. Wood was birch, cherry stain and clear coat.. Not bad for first carve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo037.jpg   Photo038.jpg   Photo039.jpg   Photo040.jpg  

RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Nice Job! I want to get the jig, question once you got past your difficulties was it easy to use and layout?

Jim
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

Great job on the beer tap! Bet you can't wait to try it out..... I am having trouble deciding what to make next. The lion heads came out pretty good, but I am going to add a side draft to the top jig to help pull out chips that ended up between my blank and the sandpaper. There was a slight mismatch from the start to the finish of the carve when the chips raised the part slightly. Glad it is in the back! I really like this jig and now I need to dig out my lathe!

Quote Originally Posted by James RS View Post
    Nice Job! I want to get the jig, question once you got past your difficulties was it easy to use and layout?

Jim
    James,

Yes it was easy to use and lay out. Ed did a great job on the jig instructions. Easy to read and follow. That and with the other tips he has posted here made things very simple. Example is how the carving depth relates to the diameter/circumference of your final carve..

Save your nickles and dimes.. well worth the investment!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    Great job on the beer tap! Bet you can't wait to try it out..... I am having trouble deciding what to make next. The lion heads came out pretty good, but I am going to add a side draft to the top jig to help pull out chips that ended up between my blank and the sandpaper. There was a slight mismatch from the start to the finish of the carve when the chips raised the part slightly. Glad it is in the back! I really like this jig and now I need to dig out my lathe!
    Steve,

Do not have a keg to tap but I was promised an invite to my friends official tasting when the brew is ready. Of course it will be out of bottles tho!

I noticed the same thing on the chips. My insert was about 50% (WAG) on the removal but with the out feed being open I did allow me to suck them out while carving. Not having a flat surface of the board did allow the chips to get blown to the back side from the exhaust port of the cut motor. Was contemplating trying to redirect the air flow to see it would help or not.

I did send an email to Mike about getting the 2" dowels. They will be getting 500 birch dowels pre drilled in early next week. Cost will be $5.33 each plus shipping.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

very nice beer tap indeed-- I see great advances in the types of things we come up with using this jig

Lawrence

Floyd, that tap handle looks Really Good ! I am glad that everyone is having so much fun.. It's got me excited and wanting to see more pictures. As soon as I have a little time, I will get a friend of mine to Unwrap a few more .STL's and see how they look. If they are any good, I will definately share them with everyone.

A BIG Thanks to everyone...

Ed
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Looks great FW
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

I was awake last night at 3:00 and thinking about the DC and rotary jig. I don't have time to test this today, but I think if you cut a piece of cardboard (To do the test) that fit tightly in the "Back Half" of the jig, about 14 by 16". Then put it inside the side rails close to the top, and close to the round stock. It might block those chips from falling on the flat panel at the back, and give the DC some help in removing them. Or at least they wouldn't fall on the back half of the flat panel. ?? The back half is the part that needs to stay clean while carving.

Ideas ?

Ed
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast