Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The cat is out of the bag.. Round Carvings are possible with the Carvewright.

Default The cat is out of the bag.. Round Carvings are possible with the Carvewright.

Now that the cat is out of the bag (See the www.Carvewright page) I suppose it is time to show off some of the walking canes I have been making for nearly three years. Take a look at this: http://customcarved.web.officelive.com/default.aspx the red tabs on the left side of the pages have numerous pictures.

As you can see the Carvewright is capable of rotating and carving round stock. Yep,, just like a 4th axis machine does it.

Ed
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

I do have a question of how your setup compares tot eh LHR CO2 Attachment. I always kind of wished they made that available to end users but I think I remember reading at one time it was for educational users only.
    Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    I do have a question of how your setup compares tot eh LHR CO2 Attachment. I always kind of wished they made that available to end users but I think I remember reading at one time it was for educational users only.
    Doug it has nothing in common with the CO2 attachment.. My "Rotary Jig" Rotates the carving stock as it is being carved. It carves in 360 degrees wraping the carving AROUND the carving stock. It is limited to 14 inch stock, 2 inches in diameter, and you must leave one inch on each end uncarved for it to rotate the stock with.

see these pictures of some Candlestick holders carved with the Rotary Jig. You can definately tell that they were Rotated while being carved.

I also added a picture of the Carvewright (Cover Removed to take the picture) with the round piece being carved. As you can see, it is Round.
    This picture was when I was carving a Cross in Cedar, to become a walking cane.

NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE
    It doesn't say so in the advertisment, BUT, The Rotary Jig will be shipped with TWO pieces of 2" by 14" Carving stock, (Maple or Birch) so that you are ready to start.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CandleStick1.jpg   Carving Two.jpg  
    Last edited by edzbaker; 09-23-2011 at 07:13 PM.
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Quote Originally Posted by edzbaker View Post
    Now that the cat is out of the bag (See the www.Carvewright page) I suppose it is time to show off some of the walking canes I have been making for nearly three years. Take a look at this: http://customcarved.web.officelive.com/default.aspx the red tabs on the left side of the pages have numerous pictures.

As you can see the Carvewright is capable of rotating and carving round stock. Yep,, just like a 4th axis machine does it.

Ed
    Got mine ordered! Looking forward to giving it a spin!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I cannot seem to find it, where did you order it from floyd?
    steve
    Start U Member

Guess I missed it. Where can I see the Jig?

Edit: Never mind.. I found it! Looks interesting..
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

ok i found it under 3rd party items, its order time
    steve
    Start U Member

Yes, this is EXCITING NEWS I have been waiting for.... I knew of the working prototype and MUM was the word until it was released... This is a pretty EXCITING new item for the CW.....

And wait until you hear the reply I got a few minutes ago when I mentioned removing the 2 jacking screws and moving the keypad aside..... This will blow your mind.....

GREAT WORK !!!!!!

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 09-23-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

oh very cool !!!!! how do you design for a 360 carve?

EXCELLENT!!!

This seems an excellent product and I look forward to buying one-- (right after the STL importer) -- a couple of questions I'm sure others will want to hear about too
    1. Does it work with sandpaper and/or the rubber belts?
    2. Will it work with the QC/Carvetight/ROCK chuck on a machine? In other words, are there any limitations based on the type of chuck?
    3. Has it been tried with any of the common Dust collection systems (ringneck, fletcher's DC, bergerund) in place?

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing more about how this amazing contraption works!
    Lawrence

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast