Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MOI 3d

Micheal, if you stay with Silo, then I suggest spending the $35 for the book showing you its features. (see amazon for the silo 3d book). But once you learn quads, using silo you will quickly outgrow this stagnant program, for there is no longer any support for it, nor any new releases planned. Stick with what John is telling you on the quad programs for 3d models.

Silo is a great place to start for learning quads, and the book will take you through it's learning curve, giving you the basics for quad modeling and launching you to the next level in quads.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

John, can we get a discount for the upgrade also?

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    Thanks Eddie

I also am a reseller and set it up as a bit of a discount if anyone is interested in MOI. I would suggest playing with the trial for 30 days. The price is worth the drawing tools alone IMO.

http://www.carvepattern.com/en/34-moi3d.html

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Micheal, if you stay with Silo, then I suggest spending the $35 for the book showing you its features. (see amazon for the silo 3d book). But once you learn quads, using silo you will quickly outgrow this stagnant program, for there is no longer any support for it, nor any new releases planned. Stick with what John is telling you on the quad programs for 3d models.

Silo is a great place to start for learning quads, and the book will take you through it's learning curve, giving you the basics for quad modeling and launching you to the next level in quads.
    Thanks, Eddie. I'll check it out.

EDIT:
    Found it...ordered it...will be on my doorstep Oct 4.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 10-02-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Hey Zan

No discount on the upgrade. The sale is directly thru the developer
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Michael it is a good book and the only one ever written. Silo 3d was a great development, but the programmers lost focus and took on other avenues. I bought mine is 09 right about the time version 2 came out, and shortly after that version 2.2 came out. That was the last upgrade to their software, the forum has been moved to gcsociety and still gets some posts there. The tutorials on their site by Glen Southern's are great, as well as the others on the nevercenter website.I found the book to be a great asset and learned a lot from it.
    It is sad when a great program comes out only to be dropped by the development team.

I still use silo, Oh do not try the STL export and use it in designer, it just does not work. Nor will it read most other STl files.

Try Moi3d I believe you will love it. Remember the fancy boxes I made, they were all made using MoI3d. See this link http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...s-Store/page10 with post 182, 184 and again on post 136. All done with MoI3d.
    Last edited by eelamb; 10-02-2014 at 10:06 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567