Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOI 3d

Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    Michael..the pic below was done in zbrush. If you go to the bpr render settings and play around with shadows and ambient occlusion, lights, and the materials, you can get some pretty neat results.
    Cool, John! I am determined to play with my ZBrush sometime this week!

I love your new website, too. Very, very nice! Great job on the layout, graphics and, of course, your patterns!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

3. Default

Great project! I have a bandsaw but what do you mean by project available in .ai ? Is that Adobe Illustrator? Unfortunately I am limited to Paint.net in both my abilities and my software. I want to learn 3d modeling in the future as well as higher end graphics programs.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys..LOL the web was a learning experience for sure.

Greg - what I mean by .ai (adobe illustator) and a band saw, thereare 2 peices to the project you could open the .ai file and print out. Once printed, you could use spray stick 3mm to attach the pattern to your wood and cut on the band saw..saves a little bit of time. Two of the peices can be cut this way. If no band saw the whole thing can be done on the cw.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

5. Default

Default Moi 3d Software 10% for CW users

I recently set myself up as a re-seller for for Moi3d. I was to get a 10% discount off the price for CW users. If any one is interested the link below is to my new store where I am selling the software. It has to be bought thru my store to get the 10% off but all support etc is the same as buying direct off the Moi site. As far as 3d programs goes this program is one of the simplest to learn and relatively speaking...lol..in regards to 3d programs..one of the cheaper ones. Moi has a 30 day fully functioning trial so you can try before you buy. It also exports a very nice .stl mesh, so it goes great with the .stl importer.

Here is the link http://www.carvepattern.com/en/34-moi3d.html

I plan on putting some video tutorials on making some patterns using Moi in the near future.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to drop me a pm or e-mail me thru my site info@carvemore.com

Also included a couple pictures of a custom pattern I just finished of the space shuttle done in Moi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moi3d.jpg   shuttle_moi.jpg   shuttle_sign_front.jpg  
    Last edited by jpaluck; 12-03-2011 at 08:50 PM.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

That's great, John! I think that's a terrific value for getting into 3D. Hope you sell a ton and I'm sure everyone is looking forward to your tutorials.

Super job on the Shuttle model too - cool!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Decorative Bar

This one was fun. Sweep central..lol I know MT knows about sweeps. The whole model was done in Moi with a little smoothing in zbrush. This one is fairly big 38 inches by 7 inches height and .75 depth. Be a long carve I'm sure. Actually easy to model..just a lot of sweeps..

Have it for sale if anyone wants it http://www.carvepattern.com/en/35-decorative-bar-1.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails moi_sc1_dec_bar.jpg   moi_sc2_dec_bar.jpg   main.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    This one was fun. Sweep central..lol I know MT knows about sweeps. The whole model was done in Moi with a little smoothing in zbrush. This one is fairly big 38 inches by 7 inches height and .75 depth. Be a long carve I'm sure. Actually easy to model..just a lot of sweeps..

Have it for sale if anyone wants it http://www.carvepattern.com/en/35-decorative-bar-1.html
    That is very nice work. I enjoy making those kinds of organic leafy designs.

I wonder what a sweep is though. Is it where an indetation carves into a raised area and gets smaller as though it is carved out like sweeping a broom across it?

Alan

Alan - I made a quick video of what a sweep. It's basically a a command in nurbs where you are sweeping a profile along a curve...there are one rail and two rail sweeps which I did in the video so you can see what I am talking about. You can actually use multiple profiles...I just it realy quick to give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NViwUy5mKAk
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast