Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOI 3d

1. Default

John that is just awesom. Great work.

Thanks for the additional info, John. I installed the newest ZBrush (4R2)a few weeks ago...just can't find time to play with it yet! Lots of cool new features...when/if they make the full integration with Sculptris, it is going to be even better. I have noticed that you can now go directly from Sculptris to ZBrush via the GoZ plugin...that's sort of a sign of things to come, I think.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Alan get sculptris from Zbrush site it is free. It will get you going in modeling such as zbrush does.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

4. Default

I just came back from downloading it. I kept on trying to see how much it costed but found no price, just a download button. Looks pretty cool. I wonder if you can render something with it that would be suitable for a heightmap copy and paste. You know somehow get an ex-ray type appearance to it so it could be used as a heightmap.

Alan

Alan sculptris is free and no rendering in it.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Thanks for the additional info, John. I installed the newest ZBrush (4R2)a few weeks ago...just can't find time to play with it yet! Lots of cool new features...when/if they make the full integration with Sculptris, it is going to be even better. I have noticed that you can now go directly from Sculptris to ZBrush via the GoZ plugin...that's sort of a sign of things to come, I think.
    They already did in the newest version..thats what dynamesh is..dynamic testalastion. The goz plugin is nice...I tried out 3dsmax while back goz is awsome..no import export export..same with modo. Next version 5 they releasing 64 bit...Thats gonna be real nice dying to all 12gb of ram I bought

Alan definitly start with sculptris..true zbrush has more features but sculptris is a very solid program to get started with..and to see if you like modeling..the ui learing curve in zbrush is steep one..so many damn options...other program to check out is 3d coat..they have a lot of the same features plust the retopo is really cool..you can start a sculpt, bring it to the retoplogy room, tweak add etc polygons bring back to the sculpt room..kinda get it all hard surface modeling and organic sculpting..and anyone can get an education liscence for 99 bucks..only limits size for exporting texture maps and 7 layers versus unlimited.

Zbrush and sculptis alone are very hard to produce cnc patterns out of...you need a true modelor in conjunction with them..ie make your base mesh in silo,blender, moi etc...then sculpt.
    Last edited by jpaluck; 10-30-2011 at 12:42 AM.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Alan sculptris is free and no rendering in it.
    Oh I see, I'm a dumby when it comes to 3D. I know jpaluck put up a video on how to render your truck but I didn't understand it because I don't know anything about zbrush.

I'll play around with the sculptress for a while and watch some videos on it.

Thanks, Alan

Alan that is the bad part of the software, learning what each package offers.

Eddie

A few people have asked me for the fire dept patterns/project. It's done and on my new website. My site is about 90% done and I am in the process of uploading patterns and finishing some minor things. Let me know what you guys think of my new site. Built it from scratch solo. I hated the old one but hey..first one. New hobby ..lol web sites. Anyone looking to build an online store look at prestashop. Pretty good software..opensource and fairly easy to manipulate the code to make it do what you want.

http://www.carvepattern.com/en/23-fi...t-project.html

Michael..the pic below was done in zbrush. If you go to the bpr render settings and play around with shadows and ambient occlusion, lights, and the materials, you can get some pretty neat results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

10. Default

Wow John

You sure got some nice looking patterns on your site. Lots of detail in that stuff. Good looking web site too.

Alan

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast