Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOI 3d

Default MOI 3d

Just made this in MOI..then took to zbrush for some smoothing. I have always wanted to make these type of scrolls for a while but have had a mental block. Not toally satisfied with this...but getting closer...practice practice..like anything else.

LG - if you want to chime in and tell me how to do this in quads I would love it...total mental block there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carvemore_moi_scroll.jpg   moi scroll.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

2. Default

That is awesome ... a really nice pattern, as usual, John.

John, Great work as always. Capt Barry

Look great you do nice work.

Really nice work John, been playing with moi tonight too. Nothing any good has come of it but hey with each piece of junk you learn something. (what I have no clue)
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Think I'm going to take this scroll further and design some kind of ornate mirror frame out of it...but definitly gonna keep practicing these darn things...I have avoided them for a long time..there a lot of twisting tapering and bending in these things ...was always a mental block.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scroll mirro frame.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Interesting program and great results. How do you import into designer? Planning on downloading the demo and like the advertising. I'm a CAD guy by trade, not so much on the graphics side of the business and MOI seems to be selling itself as more CAD friendly.

What are your thoughts on the package? Seems like an inexpensive alternative to some of the others out there.

I use MoI 3D for most of my work. Even if it is just to get the outline and heights before sculpting in ZBrush. If you go to their forum you will see much more usages of it, from building full models of planes, tanks etc. And yes it does act like a 3d cad program.

As to getting the objects into designer, MoI 3D has an exporter to STL (save as and choose the output format). You would need to get the STL importer for the Designer software. It also has other export formats too, thus you can work on the items designed in other programs if you desire.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by tcough3475 View Post
    Interesting program and great results. How do you import into designer? Planning on downloading the demo and like the advertising. I'm a CAD guy by trade, not so much on the graphics side of the business and MOI seems to be selling itself as more CAD friendly.

What are your thoughts on the package? Seems like an inexpensive alternative to some of the others out there.
    I was just gettn ready to put up a post and saw your comments. The thing I love about MOI is the simplicity. The developer has intentionally kept it very slim and simple to use. The UI has to be the most stripped down of any nurbs 3d packages. It is sort aimed at beginners but there a alot of folks with a lot CAD experience that try it and love it. It's like rhino without all the clutter and the price.

Moi just added 2 new commands flow and twist..twist is pretty cool has an ease in ease feature simliar to modo - other cool part the developer is very active in the forum and makes changes fairly quick with some things..least you have ear to bend. I just played around with twist and flow today and was suprised how fast I made this Ice cream cone..was done - modelled and imported into designer with stl importer in 15-20 min. I made some notes on screen shot to give an idea of the modeling in Moi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moi_cone_explanation.jpg   main.jpg   main1.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Nice job! control and power of surfaces...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast