Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOI 3d

John as always great pattern. I downloaded the newest MoI beta tonight. That twist is great.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Just finished this one..will make a nice project..have to give credit to jason for the reference image and Idea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fd1_render.JPG   fd1_render2.JPG   fd1_render3.JPG   screen1moi_done.jpg  

screen2moi_done.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

3. Default

Wow! I love it! That would make a great pen holder as well. Replace the bell with a flute for a pen. I downloaded the moist trial but didn't play long enough to figure out how to use it effectively.
    Last edited by ibewiggin; 10-28-2011 at 02:35 AM.

4. Default

That is very cool ... as usual.

One word John Amazing.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Hi John,

I'm really enjoying watching what you create! You are very skilled and creative. Question...the photo-realistic renderings...are those being done in MOI also?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thanks Guys.

Michael - No moi has no render engine - just modeling. I have QUITE a ways to go with rendering. Moi outputs many different formats like stl, obj, 3ds, lwo,step,sat..and more...I have been having the best luck straight out of moi without having to play with any of the normals in a polygon modelor - sometime the normals get flipped on certain things - with .lwo. A pretty good free one to check out is Kerkthea http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/index.php
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    Thanks Guys.

Michael - No moi has no render engine - just modeling. I have QUITE a ways to go with rendering. Moi outputs many different formats like stl, obj, 3ds, lwo,step,sat..and more...I have been having the best luck straight out of moi without having to play with any of the normals in a polygon modelor - sometime the normals get flipped on certain things - with .lwo. A pretty good free one to check out is Kerkthea http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/index.php
    Thank you for the link, John. So, is this the renderer you are using?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Michael,

Sometimes yes, other times no...the ice cream cone for example is rendered in zbrush, In the newest release they made huge changes to the render engine. I signed up for digital tutors a while ago and never thought about rendering zbrush till I saw a videos there. Lux render and blender is another one I use. The latest one I have been playing with and think i'm going to settle on is Modo - not so much for the rendering but I love the modeling. The other thing I love to do is poly painting zbrush and render..lol the frustrated painter in me. It's pretty fun..you can render in zbrush or create uv map and export uv map out and render elsewhere. I kinda like that half cartoonish / half real world look which I have not been able to acheive yet..lol..working on it. As far as rendering I have a long way to go.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

10. Default

I have gone over the ZBrush website and I must say that I find it very interesting. I think I will get this program to do 3D stuff one day.

Alan

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast