Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOI 3d

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MOI 3d

Just made this in MOI..then took to zbrush for some smoothing. I have always wanted to make these type of scrolls for a while but have had a mental block. Not toally satisfied with this...but getting closer...practice practice..like anything else.

LG - if you want to chime in and tell me how to do this in quads I would love it...total mental block there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carvemore_moi_scroll.jpg   moi scroll.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

2. Default

That is awesome ... a really nice pattern, as usual, John.

Just finished this one..will make a nice project..have to give credit to jason for the reference image and Idea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fd1_render.JPG   fd1_render2.JPG   fd1_render3.JPG   screen1moi_done.jpg  

screen2moi_done.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

John, Great work as always. Capt Barry

Wow! I love it! That would make a great pen holder as well. Replace the bell with a flute for a pen. I downloaded the moist trial but didn't play long enough to figure out how to use it effectively.
    Last edited by ibewiggin; 10-28-2011 at 02:35 AM.

Alan get sculptris from Zbrush site it is free. It will get you going in modeling such as zbrush does.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

7. Default

I just came back from downloading it. I kept on trying to see how much it costed but found no price, just a download button. Looks pretty cool. I wonder if you can render something with it that would be suitable for a heightmap copy and paste. You know somehow get an ex-ray type appearance to it so it could be used as a heightmap.

Alan

Thanks for all the nice comments guys..LOL the web was a learning experience for sure.

Greg - what I mean by .ai (adobe illustator) and a band saw, thereare 2 peices to the project you could open the .ai file and print out. Once printed, you could use spray stick 3mm to attach the pattern to your wood and cut on the band saw..saves a little bit of time. Two of the peices can be cut this way. If no band saw the whole thing can be done on the cw.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

9. Default

Great project! I have a bandsaw but what do you mean by project available in .ai ? Is that Adobe Illustrator? Unfortunately I am limited to Paint.net in both my abilities and my software. I want to learn 3d modeling in the future as well as higher end graphics programs.

Look great you do nice work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast