Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New disabled Vet and new owner to a used CW

I just got a request from my Sister-in-Law to build a "memories box" for her best friend who just lost her 17 month old son to a rare form of cancer so I completely understand your thinking on the boxes. I have some box designs that I can share with you if you are want.

dave

Quote Originally Posted by arlineastman View Post
    Hi
    I am a disabled Vet and bought a CW to help me in carving nice pics and animals.

While I was in the hospital for 6 months, on one of the walks with the nurse pushing me in the wheelchair, I noticed many couples leaving the hospital in greif. I finally asked the nurse why the couples were greiving and she told me they came into the hospital to have a baby and left haveing a stillborn child. She also told me the cardboard box they were leaving with was to put keepsakes in to remember the child by, right then I wanted to make wooden boxes for them.
    I have never done any woodworking before, but I want to make nice wooden boxes instead of cardboard ones. This is why I have bought the CW system to help me in carving nice things in the tops.
    I am having a hard time figuring out the software to make animals or angels or birds and things like that. So that is why I am coming here for help.

Thank you
    Arlin

Arlin,

Go to the tips and tricks section on the main carvewright page and work your way through the sample projects. They will give you a big jump start in learning the software and machine. I can't stress that enough. My machine sat in my dad's basement for years because he couldn't figure it out. When I got it, I did the tips and tricks and it's been one project after another since then.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your service and sacrifice.

David

Also, great Step-by-Step Design Projects at www.carvewright.com under LearningLab > Tutorials > Project Designer Software
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

This is truly a noble enterprise. Since you are new to woodworking and boxes are my thing I will design the basic box, or several boxes, and you can add your details. See A More Elegant Box and the Little Pot Belly Box in the pattern store. PM me with size details etc and I will sent you the designs and how-to.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12