Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie

Default newbie

hi yeah newbie and this may be a dumb question not sure i'm doing a project to learn how to cut all the way through the board with a 1/2 inch pattern in the center learned using the tutoroil but where i'm confused is do i put the carving bit in first and do the carving first or the cut through.

thanks

The machine with always do cut-outs as the last operation. It might be helpful if you could post your mpc so we can make sure you are not trying to do anything crazy. I assume you used the "cutout" tool to do your cutout. You dont really get a choice of which order for the bits when it comes to this machine. It is predetermined by the software.. you just have to load the bit the machine asks for.
    Doug Fletcher

i did use the cutout tool i'm new so i'm not sure how to post the mpc

i put in the carving bit that it asked for it sized up the board and is now telling me that cut exceeds board depth. i'm being careful i just don't want to damage the machine.

Attachment 47329 im trying to figure how to upload to this sight not sure if i did it right

just keeps saying cut exceeds board depth but the board is 3/4 and that is what i set the depth for then it just goes back to the beggining where it says project

Default Attachments

Quote Originally Posted by alias View Post
    Attachment 47329 im trying to figure how to upload to this sight not sure if i did it right
    My "Download" link, below, has a lesson on Attachments that will help you accomplish the task. It's titled "Attachments-Revised 7/9/2010".

Also, tell us about the stock (and any sled/jig) you are using and the bit in play.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

the bit is the 1/16 carving bit which is what the cw asked for. i built a sled from the directions so i have one but i didn't know i needed it for this. i'm using a piece of 1x8 aspen

Default Prompt=Project or Board

just keeps saying cut exceeds board depth but the board is 3/4 and that is what i set the depth for then it just goes back to the beginning where it says project
    When your design your project, you state the thickness of the stock.
    If you have cut-outs or other thru-cuts, The CW will prompt you if you wish to cut out just the project board or if you intend to also cut your sled as well. Obviously, if the stock is 3/4 inch thick and you have a sled thicker than 1/4 inch (and you reply "Board") the machine will determine that it can not cut that deep.
    This sound like what you may be running in to. Watch/read each prompt.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

the bit is the 1/16 carving bit which is what the cw asked for. i built a sled from the directions so i have one but i didn't know i needed it for this. i'm using a piece of 1x8 aspen
    I think u are talking about the scanning sled and if ur board is over .5" u don't need one.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast