Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Machine #2

Default Machine #2

I jst finished the setup on my second version C machine. Checkeed and tightened any lose screws measured the the head weight at 80.4 lbs 2 lbs better than my 1st machine. I put in the card turned on the switch it homed then said clear board sensor. Not a big deal, but I still think my head is going to explode. I should explain why the second machine I had extreme heat on the flex shaft on the 1st one. when I called amazon they asked if I wanted a refund or new machine, two hours later this one was in transit free 2 day shipping. and sent me a prepaid ups shipping label for my old one. I don't think many companies can beat that service.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cwm View Post
    I jst finished the setup on my second version C machine. Checkeed and tightened any lose screws measured the the head weight at 80.4 lbs 2 lbs better than my 1st machine. I put in the card turned on the switch it homed then said clear board sensor. Not a big deal, but I still think my head is going to explode. I should explain why the second machine I had extreme heat on the flex shaft on the 1st one. when I called amazon they asked if I wanted a refund or new machine, two hours later this one was in transit free 2 day shipping. and sent me a prepaid ups shipping label for my old one. I don't think many companies can beat that service.

Chris
    well it's been 45 minutes lots of air and wiping and still won't clear. I'm getting 153 when I check the sensor so they are fine. And the kicker now my wife is giving me the look again ( you guys all know the one I mean).

well it's been 45 minutes lots of air and wiping and still won't clear. I'm getting 153 when I check the sensor so they are fine. And the kicker now my wife is giving me the look again ( you guys all know the one I mean).
    Is the board a dark color? That could explain why the sensor is giving a good reading by itself, but not when running a project. Please let us know.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

well it's been 45 minutes lots of air and wiping and still won't clear. I'm getting 153 when I check the sensor so they are fine. And the kicker now my wife is giving me the look again .
    I think some changes have been made to the firmware the will give a error if the board is installed incorrectly i.e the board sensor is two close to the wood top surface due to overtightening, try to back off a little on the table pressure and recheck. I always load the board off center and lift the stock to determine the roller pressure, like testing the load on a truck if you have a little spring in the shocks your good to go.

The board is clear pine.
    Thanks for you help

Chris

Sometimes it helps to unplug the machine a few minutes to clear the memory. Also check the "O" ring and the straightness of the board, especially the edges. Very basic stuff but the things that have helped me in the past. And as for "that look" from your wife, just make something nice for her on your first project, you'll get the look you want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by GrammaPam View Post
    Sometimes it helps to unplug the machine a few minutes to clear the memory. Also check the "O" ring and the straightness of the board, especially the edges. Very basic stuff but the things that have helped me in the past. And as for "that look" from your wife, just make something nice for her on your first project, you'll get the look you want to see.
    Thank you, I figure i'm out of business until Monday morning when tech support opens up. I'm sure by Friday I'll be making dust lol. I refuse to give up on this machine. But for now it's got me beat.

Chris

Thank you, I figure i'm out of business until Monday morning when tech support opens up. I'm sure by Friday I'll be making dust lol. I refuse to give up on this machine. But for now it's got me beat.

Chris
    After hours of reading, and talking to Floyd Harris and Al-who (digitalworkshop) I'm almost positive I have a defective fcc cable. I just noticed as I moved the cable slightly my sensor readings were changing from 153 to 151, not much of a change but a change that shouldn't happen. I'll keep you informed after I talk to tech support on monday morning. It's times like this I'm glad i didn't buy the shark.

thanks for all your help and phone time.

Chris
    Last edited by cwm; 09-18-2011 at 06:32 PM.

After hours of reading, and talking to Floyd Harris and Al-who (digitalworkshop) I'm almost positive I have a defective fsc cable. I just noticed as I moved the cable slightly my sensor readings were changing from 153 to 151, not much of a change but a change that shouldn't happen. I'll keep you informed after I talk to tech support on monday morning. It's times like this I'm glad i didn't buy the shark.

thanks for all your help and phone time.

Chris
    Chris,

No problem on the phone time! I need to put FSC cable on a large sticky, seems to be "you better check it any way" kind of thing.

Since it is a new machine you are better off now chatting with the techs to go over things with them. I would like to see/know their explanation on the truck only moving about 2" into your board when you got the "edge detection failed" error. It could be a quick indicator for the bad FSC.

Well sit back and do some studying and reading time. Tips and tricks, design tutorials and trouble shooting guide will get you a great start.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Hey Chris, Welcome Aboard. Your in for alot of fun. Oh yes ,we have a real good bunch of guys and gals on the forum as well . Capt Barry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast