Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brand New Carvewright, complete, never used. SOLD ON EBAY

You asked a question and we gave you honest answers. Your implication to me is both incorrect and rude, but that's OK as I have been both of those things before too.

Al has shown neither of these traits though-- as a matter of fact, his patience, generosity, and knowledge have helped the carvewright become the well-loved machine it is for many of us.

I'm truly sorry if life has handed you so many short-straws that you automatically assume you are being duped or misled.

I'll have no further reaction except to say good luck with your ebay sale-you are certainly correct about the Carvewright staff being the best as well

Lawrence
    Last edited by lawrence; 09-20-2011 at 11:53 PM.

No hard feelings. Glad you sold the machine. Mention to the buyer to come join the Forum.

I sent this to you via eBay in case you did not check back to the forum before shipping. I am igonavy on eBay.

Congratulations on selling your machine.
    I recommend that you remove the top cover and loosen the screw on the cut motor that holds the flex shaft in place, and twist and remove it. Leaving it attached to the motor places stress on the front housing of the Cut Motor. It can crack the front of the case. It can also kink the flex shaft Spring and the Flex will then burn up on the first carving.
    Also crank the head all the way down to the table.
    Good Luck,
    AL, digitalwoodshop from the CarveWright forum....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06742_WEB.jpg   DSC06759_WEB.jpg   DSC06744_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 09-21-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

3. Default

Hey thanks alot, and I will certainly refer the buyer to the forum. I have a complete "care package" I put together that includes links and phone numbers, and there is truly a LOT of support for these machines right here on thie very forum.
    I will likely buy a couple of these the next time I take on a job that would require shelling out tens of thousand's to Raymond Enkeboll's heir's, as I believe these machines can copy and carve equivalent carved mouldings (am I correct in that presumtion?)
    I hope so, because I'll likely be back on this forum asking a series of newbie questions when the time comes.
    C-model, eh? -I think I'll buy brand new from the manufacturer next time
    thanks again

On that care package.... The CD is a VERY old version of the program and LHR recommends to go to the CarveWright.com website and download from there and never use the CD... It's too old.... Too many changes.

The "C" is the Cream of the Crop in CW's. There are some old posts on cutting molding. A suggestion was made to use the CW to carve just the art area and insert it into a base molding cut with a Router. The Long simple linear carves. A complete molding could take an hour per foot to carve.

On the other hand... The Probe could copy a old detail molding and the CW make it.... Your on the right track....

Just remember 250 Cut Motor hours is Maintenance Time... Cut Motor Brushes before they get too short and stall and snap the $40.00 bit and 250 hours to replace the Y Gear Box Bearings. 5 mm x 12 mm x 5 mm if they are the same in a "C" version.

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/5mm/kit768

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12