Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3/16" Carving & Cutting Bits - Telling the Difference Ain't Easy

1. Default

Working with the "Maple Leaf Dish" Project

On left is the "Upload Menu" for the 1/16 Carving Bit and the 3/16 Carving Bit is on the right

By changing the bit you will save 2 hours and 20 minutes - notice the "Quality" setting is "Optimal" the time savings was about the same for the "Oak Leaf Dish"

NOTE: with the "Quality" set to "Best" the carve time is 2:36
    Last edited by LittleRedWoodshop; 09-21-2011 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bayea View Post
    For instance. the Autumn Leaves POM project dosen't have any fine detail and i was hoping the 3/16 bit would speed up the carving time.
    You are correct in that the 3/16 carving bit is perfect for the autumn leaves as there is no detail to be carved. I've used it just 2 days ago & it worked great and reduced my carving time to about 1hr on Best.

JerryB using Tapatalk
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

you guys are great !! thanks. off to order a 3/16 bit. . . . .

I stand corrected. It went from 3 hrs to just under 2 hrs with the 3/16 bit. My apology. I'm carving the Oak Leaf as I write this. Wife is painting the autumn wreath and is having a blast with it. Just finished painting and staining. She followed Michael T. instructions to the letter and is really happy. Course I told her that I could have done just a good a job as her........ ; ).
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

OH MAN !!!! i really, really want that fall wreath project, but i have to wait until it's in the store.

(its not really worth it for me to subscribe to the POM)
    Last edited by bayea; 09-21-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Bayea, it really is worth purchasing the POM, probably the best purchase you can make, monthly projects for such a very small price, and Micheal knocks it out of the park on each and every project
    steve
    Start U Member

Here is a shot the 3/16 end mill bit with the new conform tool plug-in, makes perfect control cavities on my work. In this video conformV is milling out the recess at .20" down to about .60" impressive.

You could need to turn down the volume until the audio swap takes. The groove in the wood tail is from a power outage yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12