Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: can the 1/16 bit be sharpened?

I know this is an old thread but I found a company through a Google search that might be able to sharpen the bit's I haven't contacted them yet. I plan to next week. here is the link to their page. http://www.mtgtool.com/

Hello, I have a company that re-sharpens my bits. They have a minimum order. They will only do the 1/16th carving bits. So, what I am offering is a bit exchange. You would send me your old bits and I will send you re-sharpened bits. If they are sent with adapters, they will come back with the same kind of adapters. You will not receive the exact bits back as I have a large stock of re-sharpened bits on hand. This eliminates the turn-a-round time. You will handle the shipping to us and we will handle the shipping back to you, US shipping addresses only. I am asking for a minimum order of 5 bits per mailing. Each re-sharpened bit is $20. If you wish to contact us for more information, please send a PM through here. Thank you

Sounds a bit expensive for used re sharpened bits. Keep in mind that after paying $20 + shipping, that can be very close to a brand new bit. Just my opinion..
    Quote Originally Posted by lovejoys View Post
    Hello, I have a company that re-sharpens my bits. They have a minimum order. They will only do the 1/16th carving bits. So, what I am offering is a bit exchange. You would send me your old bits and I will send you re-sharpened bits. If they are sent with adapters, they will come back with the same kind of adapters. You will not receive the exact bits back as I have a large stock of re-sharpened bits on hand. This eliminates the turn-a-round time. You will handle the shipping to us and we will handle the shipping back to you, US shipping addresses only. I am asking for a minimum order of 5 bits per mailing. Each re-sharpened bit is $20. If you wish to contact us for more information, please send a PM through here. Thank you
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    Sounds a bit expensive for used re sharpened bits. Keep in mind that after paying $20 + shipping, that can be very close to a brand new bit. Just my opinion..
    You have to send him 5 old bits in exchange for re-sharpened ones. If they last as long as a new bit it sounds like a pretty good deal as long as they are sharpened along the flutes also. 5 bits at $20 each plus shipping ($10?) equals $110. The problem is that I don't have 5 old bits. I've just been throwing them away.
    Steve

shipping in a flat rate box is only $5.95 and you can get 40 plus bit if you have them
    new bit are running $30.00-$40.00 plus shipping

Oops sorry .. my bad. I agree, that does sound like a very good deal on the bits. Time to start digging around for my old ones.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

How many times can they be resharpened? Are they marked so you will not end up with ones that have been resharpened too many times and send them out to a different user. Just thinking aloud. Sounds good so far.

Jeff

think I'll have to see how many old ones I've got...sounds like a good deal....

The max is 3 time and yes we do mark them.
    if we get a bit that has been done we will not ship it out or even try to re sharpen it again.

Great. Then we can also know the life we have left.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovejoys View Post
    The max is 3 time and yes we do mark them.
    if we get a bit that has been done we will not ship it out or even try to re sharpen it again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast