Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: can the 1/16 bit be sharpened?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default can the 1/16 bit be sharpened?

does anyone know who will sharpen them?

I checked with 2 different people who do end mill sharpening and once they seen how small the carving bit was they said they didn't want to fuss with it. These guys do it for a living, BTW this is Ohio and a very industrial area with many machine shops. I just think it's not worth their time to mess with them.

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

I think Jeff had a lead on sharpening them at one time. I have over 20 I would send out if the price was right.

how many hours do you get on average out of a carving bit? I assume there is a difference per wood type.

I have close to 200 hours on my carving bit. It is the original bit that came with the machine (about 300 hours on the machine) I have found that the 60 & 90 degree bits dull faster that the carving bit,

Jeff, are you selling the bits at a discount if you order 2 or a set of 5 if so i will order some later

PreciseBits is adding a slightly longer shank to their tapered tools so they all have the same overall length. I bought up some of the last of the shorter style (same size as what comes with the machine) and have them on sale. Take a look at: http://www.soigeneris.com/PreciseBit...s-details.aspx . Please direct any other questions about the bits to me via a PM (I don't want to be rude and advertise too much on the forum.)

Thanks
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

shipping in a flat rate box is only $5.95 and you can get 40 plus bit if you have them
    new bit are running $30.00-$40.00 plus shipping

Oops sorry .. my bad. I agree, that does sound like a very good deal on the bits. Time to start digging around for my old ones.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

what kind of wood are you carving that you can get 200 hrs on one bit , i usually get 15 hr cutting oak

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast