Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to cnsranch

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Woodman View Post
    That one pictured would be much stronger if the slats were resting on top of the end boards. As it is they are relying on the srews for strctural support and it weakens the slat by having screws in the endgrain.
    Great point. But an easy fix. If someone wants to sit on the Saddle rack, we just reposition the boards on top and change them to 1x4 instead of 1x2. We could even cutout a horsehead with reins for the rider. We could even change the botton to have rockers and lower it so the Center of Gravity is lower. HUM ... sounds like another option.
    Experience is a doorway -- Not a final goal.

Hello all,

I need to confirm the dimensions. I made it 30" tall from ground to top, 22'' deep from front to back, and 14.5" inches wide. It looked great on paper ... but, as I build it boy is it low to the ground. Are these the right dimensions ?

Sounds close - I can get you some measurements from mine, but I can't get them to you until tomorrow.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Those are almost the identical demensions I use on the ones I build.
    Where is the "Any Key" key located on the keypad
    Growing old is a privilege not everyone gets to enjoy.

Ok, Thank you. I got one the Top end pieces carved. Now to sand while the other carves.

6. Default

I am like an expectant father (waiting to see pics of this project) ... since my move I have had very limited access to carving (still looking for some shop space). Sometimes I set up in my brothers driveway or occasionally in my nieces garage ... but it's not like being able to walk into the shop and go to work. I guess I am living vicariously through you guys, thanks, it keeps me from going into withdrawals .... LOL
    Last edited by LittleRedWoodshop; 10-03-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedWoodshop View Post
    ... since my move I have had very limited access to carving
    Some day you'll have to 'splain the move.

I know what its like trying to find shop space. I had to enclose a one-car carport for any work shop at all and I have to share that with a bunch of junk that we really need to just get rid of.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Same here I took our storage building and made a makeshift workshop out of it. I run everything from a dropcord to. I'm waiting on my tax check to come in so I can run power to the building and then I will have to clean out the junk after that. One day I will have a workshop though.

I'm getting power out my shed soon too. I purchased a 14x20 a couple of months ago and day after tomorrow they're coming to run electricity to it. Got me a AC/Heater unit and getting insulation and dry wall put up also. May as well get it all done so as not to mess with it anymore. Can hardly wait for the guys to get started on it. Any pointers on how to set things up is appreciated. I'm thinking of making a table top all around the inside about 3ft high (with a/c plugs about every 2 1/2 ft.) Gonna put my DC (1hp) next to the door so I don't have to take it far to empty it.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

If you saw my workspace you would cringe. It is so small. I have to move things fromn one side to the other so I can work. When I get past the shame I will post a pic.

But that takes me to my question. Are there strip malls that a person can rent (cheap) to work and play out of?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast