Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks to cnsranch

Ropdoc,
    Anything new to report on your progress with the saddle display ? Capt Barry

I was working on locating a piece of 2x14. But got to expensive, So I am going to glue up 1x8 doubled. I started cutting parts. I am also working on tooling so I can drill holes in the boards that go around the outer edge consistantly. It would be awesome if I was able to make some money off of stuff like this.

Thank you for checking in on me.

Dave
    Experience is a doorway -- Not a final goal.

Way to go Old Joe! It looks great! Hope you make a bunch of money.

JerryB using Tapatalk
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

What you don't sell today, we save for tomorrow. Capt Barry

Dave (or anyone else, for that matter).......

If it helps, here are the mpc's I made for the face and backside of the stand I built......(watch those lines I drew for reference for cutting the sides out though - I fine tuned them once I had the project carved - just wanted to ensure that I had enough wood left to finish the design)

The faces are simply two 2x8's, run through the table saw (didn't bother with the jointer), edge glued, and carved. I did waste 7" of wood on each end (after all, it's a 2x8, ) but I used most of the scrap for the plugs.

The original design was made to be "less than perfect" - what I mean is that I wasn't concerned with the edges being perfectly jointed, etc (although my table saw does a really good job). Quite frankly, the project turned out better than I expected.

I used nothing but 2x8's, and 1x4's for the project - cheapest stuff at Home Depot - whitewood and pine - after all, it does hold a just saddle.

I probably don't have $25 in material in it (labor, though is something else!)

Le me know if I can help in any way - it's so good to hear that you're getting so much out of the project, Dave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TwoPiece.jpg   Front Only.jpg   Back Only.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by cnsranch View Post
    ...Quite frankly, the project turned out better than I expected.
    That turned out great! Super job on layout, design and finish!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Awesome, Thank you some much Jerry. I have the base done. Hope to start on the Saddle portion tonight. I am building my first one using older wood. To work out the bugs. I was going to glue up 1x8 2 deep. It made since in my brain. I don't have a table saw but I can probly rip a 2x8 to be 14-1/4" wide instead.

My mom allways told me to keep the Horse shoe ends pointing up. That way the Good luck doesn't run out. LOL Can I change your MPC to reflect that?

Thank you all again for your patience and time.

Dave
    Experience is a doorway -- Not a final goal.

You bet, Dave.

Re turning the horseshoe - unfortunately, the horse's head and the shoe are one pattern - you turn the shoe, the horse's head will be upside down.

The two patterns I used were from Dan (PCW) and John (JPaluck) - I don't remember which of them created the shoe - but if you PM each of them, you'll find out.

They're both great guys - I'm pretty sure that whoever designed the pattern will turn it for you.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Dave I have a pattern in my store with the shoe the right way. Click link below, it is under patterns-animals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails horse-n-shoe-ptn.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

10. Default

In some cultures, it is hung points down (so the luck pours onto you); others, it's hung points up (so the luck doesn't fall out).

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast