Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks to cnsranch

Oldjoe, if you look at his site he makes patterns, and I believe he is part of the cw store.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

As I mentioned earlier, I live in Ca. and there are lots of riders here. I have never sold anything especially a carving. I was looking at the photos of one of my pastors who rides and saw that he stores his saddle on a saw horse. So this project seems like it would be popular. Would it be in bad taste to call the different supply and feed stores trying to sell this Saddle rack? I could even put one rack on their sales floor with the option to make each one custom built. Putting specific carve on it. Is this a good idea?

Thank you,
    Dave
    Experience is a doorway -- Not a final goal.

3. Default

Very nice project and I agree that your price is waaaayyy to low. I have experienced that it is possible to START HIGH and lower your prices but once people get you on a lowball price they very rarely want to go any higher. Please do yourself a favor and raise your prices ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ropdoc View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, I live in Ca. and there are lots of riders here. I have never sold anything especially a carving. I was looking at the photos of one of my pastors who rides and saw that he stores his saddle on a saw horse. So this project seems like it would be popular. Would it be in bad taste to call the different supply and feed stores trying to sell this Saddle rack? I could even put one rack on their sales floor with the option to make each one custom built. Putting specific carve on it. Is this a good idea?

Thank you,
    Dave
    Not bad taste at all....just plain old good marketing idea!!!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

There is a guy in N D that would like 3 of them for just that purpose he sells saddles and would like to use them to display the saddles. So yes it is off to all the Tack store to see what I can do. And yes the price is going up.
    Where is the "Any Key" key located on the keypad
    Growing old is a privilege not everyone gets to enjoy.

Nice Lookin Project OldJoe,

Just a thought, --I’ve sold a lot of Art Dispaly stands to Art Studios, Galleries, and Museums, and always carried a couple photo albums of units I build and offer.
    A couple of years ago I built a few miniature display stand to carry with me along with the Photo albums when I made my sales stops.
    The first day I took them with me, two of my clients bought the units I had with me plus ordered a couple more as Counter Displays
    of the full sized Art Stands I build for them.

If you do start calling on Tack Stores and Shops, I wonder if a couple styles of miniature Saddle Racks you could build and carry with you along with your photos,
    might help make a sale or two for you, --- Like I said Just a thought.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

7. Default

Wow Ken ... that is an AWESOME idea. I have learned (since my move to the great state of Kentucky) that there is a group of Miniature saddle collectors.

Hello guys,

I have hit a really low point in my life. But this idea of building and selling something like a Saddle rack has really got me going. I really want to thank you guys for this.

Dave

Dave,

You've got some friend's here. Talk anytime. Capt Barry

Thank you for your patience

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast