Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks to cnsranch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Thanks to cnsranch

Just wanted to thank Jerry for the saddle rack idea. Have sold a couple not getting near enough for them but it is a start in the right dirrection.
    Been along time since I posted anything but just though you would want to see it. I just hope the picture shows up. The rack was not finished yet when I took the pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tn.jpg  
    Where is the "Any Key" key located on the keypad
    Growing old is a privilege not everyone gets to enjoy.

You're very welcome - it's nice to know that I've been able to give back a little, considering what I've taken from the Forum over the last few years.

One question - how much are you getting for them?
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Cool Project, just one thing ... Can I see more pics of it? Like a side view?
    Experience is a doorway -- Not a final goal.

4. Default

Very nice project and I agree that your price is waaaayyy to low. I have experienced that it is possible to START HIGH and lower your prices but once people get you on a lowball price they very rarely want to go any higher. Please do yourself a favor and raise your prices ...

Yes very nice! I even know a couple of people with horses that I could one for.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

I almost don't want to say because if I publish it you all will sell your machines have me do the work while you sit on the beaches sipping umbrella drinks. But I only get $55 for it. I am just trying to get my foot in the door right now to see if they would even sell and I was not sure how long it took to make one. But now that I know all the costs I am getting together with some local friends that have horses to come up with a fairer price for me.
    Thanks for the good comments I will take pictures of my next one when it is done.

There is a guy in N D that would like 3 of them for just that purpose he sells saddles and would like to use them to display the saddles. So yes it is off to all the Tack store to see what I can do. And yes the price is going up.

Nice Lookin Project OldJoe,

Just a thought, --I’ve sold a lot of Art Dispaly stands to Art Studios, Galleries, and Museums, and always carried a couple photo albums of units I build and offer.
    A couple of years ago I built a few miniature display stand to carry with me along with the Photo albums when I made my sales stops.
    The first day I took them with me, two of my clients bought the units I had with me plus ordered a couple more as Counter Displays
    of the full sized Art Stands I build for them.

If you do start calling on Tack Stores and Shops, I wonder if a couple styles of miniature Saddle Racks you could build and carry with you along with your photos,
    might help make a sale or two for you, --- Like I said Just a thought.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Dave (or anyone else, for that matter).......

If it helps, here are the mpc's I made for the face and backside of the stand I built......(watch those lines I drew for reference for cutting the sides out though - I fine tuned them once I had the project carved - just wanted to ensure that I had enough wood left to finish the design)

The faces are simply two 2x8's, run through the table saw (didn't bother with the jointer), edge glued, and carved. I did waste 7" of wood on each end (after all, it's a 2x8, ) but I used most of the scrap for the plugs.

The original design was made to be "less than perfect" - what I mean is that I wasn't concerned with the edges being perfectly jointed, etc (although my table saw does a really good job). Quite frankly, the project turned out better than I expected.

I used nothing but 2x8's, and 1x4's for the project - cheapest stuff at Home Depot - whitewood and pine - after all, it does hold a just saddle.

I probably don't have $25 in material in it (labor, though is something else!)

Le me know if I can help in any way - it's so good to hear that you're getting so much out of the project, Dave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TwoPiece.jpg   Front Only.jpg   Back Only.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by cnsranch View Post
    ...Quite frankly, the project turned out better than I expected.
    That turned out great! Super job on layout, design and finish!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast