Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using Coreldraw and DXF Importer to create cut out words

The easy way is to use a scroll saw for word art, ten times faster than a CW.

I love my scroll saw (I have the dewalt) but at 20 mins for this size of words... it is much cleaner to do it with my CW... (and certainly not much slower) Plus cutting 3/4 MDF is really hard on my scrollsaw blades and I would likely go through a couple per-carve.... and my printer would not be able to handle a 36-inch long piece of paper for use as a pattern...and it would take some finangling to make that length of work on my scrollsaw too.

I did consider it first though and thanks for bringing it up mercer, but just decided on the CW.

Michael, I would love to see how you do things-- I am certainly open to different/better ways of doing things and am especially interested in hearing how you keep the vectors simple enough to keep your times down-- I can't seem to get that part down.

Thanks again all,
    Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    ...Michael, I would love to see how you do things-- I am certainly open to different/better ways of doing things and am especially interested in hearing how you keep the vectors simple enough to keep your times down-- I can't seem to get that part down.

Thanks again all,
    Lawrence
    Hi Lawrence,

Seems there's always more than one way to skin a cat! I enjoy seeing how other folks do things too! I've got to get back to finishing up some more video tips. Lots of folks have been asking about how-to-do-this-or-that regarding lettering, lately. Perhaps I'll do a short Tips series on the topic and include the use of CorelDRAW and the CW DXF Importer for one of them.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Hello mike
    I appreciate all the lessons on coraldraw I can get. I am having trouble understanding all there is to understand. The computer is not my cup of tea but I am tring to learn with help.
    Thanks again
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by stanv77 View Post
    Hello mike
    I appreciate all the lessons on coraldraw I can get. I am having trouble understanding all there is to understand. The computer is not my cup of tea but I am tring to learn with help.
    Thanks again
    Stan
    Hi Stan,

I'll be happy to answer a few questions regarding CorelDRAW for you (don't forget that Corel has lots of tutorials and an excellent HelpFile too!). However, we need to move our discussions of 3rd-Party Software to... you guessed it - the new 3rd Party Software Section! The purpose of adding that section is to help organize discussions of any non-CarveWright software products that we find useful for creating items and/or layouts for our CarveWright projects and designs, etc.

Here is the link to that section:
    http://forum.carvewright.com/forumdi...Party-Software

You can begin a new topic - perhaps just call it "CorelDRAW Questions" and post there when you need help with something. See you there!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I didn't even think about that area and just assumed this belonged in "techniques"- thanks for the heads up.

Mods, please feel free to move this to the right loc so folks can find it if they are looking for it.

Lawrence

If you were to use a # 7 crowntooth blade ,the edge would be as clean or cleaner than the cw cut, and slice through 3/4 mdf like butter. As for the printer , Corel draw has a tile printer option that works well.I have been Scrolling for 10 plus years, I have a Dewalt and a Rbi G26 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hi Lawrence,

Seems there's always more than one way to skin a cat! I enjoy seeing how other folks do things too! I've got to get back to finishing up some more video tips. Lots of folks have been asking about how-to-do-this-or-that regarding lettering, lately. Perhaps I'll do a short Tips series on the topic and include the use of CorelDRAW and the CW DXF Importer for one of them.

Michael,
    Just one more vote for your production of a video on this technique using CorelDraw when you can find time. Thanks for all you contribute to our common knowledge.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12