Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: patterns

Cool patterns

can someone tell me what the difference between a carvewright machine and a compu carve machine and will the same patterns work in both machines.

thanksfor the help

Same machine with a different top cover. CompuCarve was sold through Sears and yes the patterns work for both.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

thank you very much i want to get some patterns but they are real costly but on ebay you can get 500 for about 30 dollars

Quote Originally Posted by alias View Post
    thank you very much i want to get some patterns but they are real costly but on ebay you can get 500 for about 30 dollars
    The only comment I'll add is that most of what you find on ebay has been acquired (polite way of saying "stolen") from this forum. It really annoys a lot of our members that someone else is profiting from their generosity of sharing on this forum for free. So please take that in to consideration before you choose to buy from ebay.
    Doug Fletcher

i didn't know that but as i have been looking around the forum i see this is true and i will not purchase any patterns from ebay thank you for your help and info.

Default Community pattern and MPCs

Quote Originally Posted by alias View Post
    i didn't know that but as i have been looking around the forum i see this is true and i will not purchase any patterns from ebay thank you for your help and info.
    Perhaps you have not seen this LHR link.
    http://forum.carvewright.com/misc.ph...chments&t=2046
    It's what you go to it you click on the paper clip for the first pattern sharing thread. Any thread with a paper clip takes you to attachments within that thread.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I will add to the comments here. Patterns on Ebay of large quantities such as the 500 you mentioned are patterns taken from the link AskBud just gave you or elsewhere on this forum. Therefore they are free/shared here on the forum. So why pay for them on Ebay when you can download them free here.
    If you are looking for a certain pattern, make a request for it and if possible show an image, someone may make the pattern for you.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

thanks for the help everybody i really appriciate it.how are patterns made and am i able to make my own

wow there are alot of patterns on that link thanks. not right for people to be taking them and selling them i can see why it makes the members mad

There are a lot of software packages out there to make the patterns. For now since you are a new user I would suggest getting to know the software that came with the CW. Then purchase some of the other software packages that enhance the designer software, such as the center line text, and later the scanning probe which includes the Pattern Editor software. With the probe you will be able to scan in figures to make patterns from, for carving.

Do read all the tips and tricks, and the software manual, doing so will prevent many errors and make using the CW much more enjoyable. Also ask questions and search this forum, there is a lot of useful information here.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast