Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Machine sending board completely out of machine when measuring

1. Default

Thanks for your help. I figured it out. I was using a jig and my rails were shorter than the sled which made the roller drop when it was trying to measure the board all the way.

When the board is measuring the length either end.... the machine waits for the Roller to become un Compressed to know to turn on the board detector as the tip of the board has left the roller and is getting close to the board sensor. If one end or the other, the roller never becomes un compressed, then the board will drive right out of the machine.

Now I am getting the Check Tracking Roller with my PVC Sled as the board has a tendency to bend up slightly loosing contact with the brass roller when the right side of designer or the left side of the board as you face the keyboard gets to the end and is only under 1 roller doing it's measurement. I have a 3/8 Dowel that I poke down into the machine through the flex Slot and push down on the board over the brass roller. That solved that problem.

My next sled will be 5/4 and have a Masonite top and vacuum holes drilled thought it.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default New issue

Just got finished fixing the roller sensor and I thought it would start working again. All seemed good until it asked to select bit. The correct bit came up I selected it and it just sent board out the back. Tried it many times many different ways. Same result every time. Any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12