Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compucarve

Default Compucarve

Just got my Compucarve Machine today (1-17-07). I ordered it 1-7-07. Wanting to get started, but will probably be this weekend before I can try it out, by the time I read the manual,load the software and get a place in my shop for it.

Congrats!!!! My day is coming soon!!!
    (singing off key) ... a carving we will go, a carving we will go ....

i drove to sears to get my carver today. i went in and scanned my receipt, then a service man came out with a disappointed look on his face. he went on to explain that they shipped a planer instead of a carver. he said this also happened to another customer that was expecting his today . i guess next time i will call (which will be this friday).
    if you don't expect too much from me, you won't be let down.

Maybe he's just thinking it's a planer by the picture on the box.. (does look like a benchtop planer)

I know I'd be double checking with my own eyes to see what came in..

that's true. they did show me some numbers that didn't match up with what i ordered though, so i believed them. i viewed it as Sears not wanting to admit that they can't keep up with the demand for this product. it's no biggie though because i am designing a few products still, and i have some tile work that i need to get done.

my cc is supposed to arrive today, but i am fully expecting another delay. i hope not, but i'm not going to get my hopes up.

that's true. they did show me some numbers that didn't match up with what i ordered though, so i believed them. i viewed it as Sears not wanting to admit that they can't keep up with the demand for this product. it's no biggie though because i am designing a few products still, and i have some tile work that i need to get done.

my cc is supposed to arrive today, but i am fully expecting another delay. i hope not, but i'm not going to get my hopes up.

They told me it would be here today- and it wasn't on the truck. I stood there and waited as the manager called the Regional Warehouse 'people' they said they are awaiting another shipment and should have more in the warehouse the eariler part of next week and that mine should be here by next Friday.

Again not holding my breath ( I don't look good in smurf blue) but at least the people on my end are really trying to keep me happy.

Best of luck yours arrives ontime and performs as expected. And everyone else who's waiting quasi-patiently. <g>

Julie
    "Today I am becoming who I once dreamed to be."

Howdy,
    Well just for s_ _ _ _ and giggles I ran into sears and ran my receipt. Nope, they said Thursday the 25 th and probably not a minute sooner. Far cry from the 16th but they secured there sale. Hey Thelma, want to have some fun Thursday seeings yours wont be in till Friday?? Im usually the most patient person in the world but....I want my machine, my desktop is totally full of things to do now. Im looking on the good side, getting food prepared and house totally cleaned, hubby knows I will be tied up for some time once it gets here.
    Happi Carving
    Barb

Gotta chime in on my much anticipated CompuCarve. Those poor folks on the Sears order line should know my name by now. I have called no less than 5 times today alone. Each time I get a slightly different answer.

The latest and greatest has my machine "Shipped - but without a tracking number." They tell me that means it is somehow in shipping, but hasn't been released. Kind of a cruel joke at this point. "Call back tomorrow, maybe they can tell you then." Oh yes, I will!

I am with you Julie, I will not rest until my machine is plugged in an throwing chips! And then I won't rest then either, or so I hope.
    GM

Default Compucarve

Sorry to hear so many are having to wait, Somehow, I received mine on 1/17 after a one week wait.
    Some good news for those waiting.... the mc worked terrific right out of the box! Ran 3 small projects without a hitch and I'm having a ball.

Hang in there, and I hope everyone has the good fortune of a "hitchless" start-up.
    If it's supposed to move and doesn't, use WD40...If it's not supposed to move and does, use duct tape.

Denny Powlison
    Adrian, Michigan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast