Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3d models website

1. Default

Hi Norbert,
    I look through your whole catalog of models and there are some very interesting one, particularly those relating to animals and nature landscape. For the rest of the models, there are plenty of decorative models. What I notice also is that a lot of models are offered in 3 versions, one plain and 2 with different carving region around the subject. To me, I would just get the plain version and add the carving region around the subject myself. I'm just pointing this out because that reduces the number of actual unique models in your catalog.

As for the cost, even if I downloaded only 50 models from your catalog, which is the number of models I would be interested in getting, that would still be a good deal ($5.50 per model).

Since a subscription last one year, how about the possibility to monthly payments? $275 in 12 payments would be about $23 per month. Less of a hit on the wallet.
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

The problem I see is that if you don't have STL importer you not only have to pay the $275 for the patterns but you also have to shell out an additional $200 for the required software. And I agree that a pattern with different carve regions doesn't really constitute three patterns.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

3. Default

I specify this, the actual model (dish) and model b (recess) is not a new model, departing from our site we did not have these files, it was following a strong demand that we have placed download, all models are not of 3 files (A and b), we Have exaclty 1029 original model (which is probably the largest database). In terms of the payment month, we try to do it, but it is impossible, because the payment gateways do are not designed for that. I would have loved to, but it's impossible.

Something else
    To mark the sad anniversary of Sept. 11, we have a free downloads on our discussion forum at the section free download try it
    Attachment 47197
    Last edited by Norbert Dupuis; 09-09-2011 at 09:47 AM.

You offer 3,650 downloads for one year at $275, but you only have 1,029 original models?
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

5. Default

What I am saying this: you are entitled to download 10 files per day!
    making a total of 3650 downloads
    We have: 1 029 original models
    Style A and B in 1627 models
    total: 2656 model
    EACH IS model in three extension files (STL RLF VNA)
    2656x3 = 7968 possibily of download,
    There are people with multiple software and downloaded several file extensions, if you pay over $ 275.00 for 1029 files, you will not find a better price when we offer more than 10 downloads a day, we are AWARE that no not going to download every day. This is my last response on this forum, I am an honest person and I feel like a malicious negative reviews then you forget everything

Thank you for clarifying your process. And yes 1029 models for 275 is a great price.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

7. Default

Please don't get offended, Norbert, we are just trying to get a clear picture of what you offer, I am sure nobody means to criticise.
    I understand a lot more about your offer now than before.
    I have made myself a list of the patterns I would get first and my list has 184 patterns, mostly nature subjects. That's not including the decorative patterns (like rosettes and medallions).
    That would be $1.50 each, so it is a very good deal.
    I do use STL files, so I'm very interested. I just have to check my finances, I have a bonus coming soon so I think I will get the one year subscription.
    So after careful examination of your offer, I think it's a very good deal for anyone, even hobbyist, to get started on a collection of patterns. The only stumbling block is that Carvewright user need the STL importer if they don't have any other way to use STL files.
    I will next download one of your free files so I can see the quality level. By then I will make my final decision.
    Thanks again for your patience.
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

This is my last response on this forum
    You gets free advertising on the site to boot and your unhappy at the same time you might what to rethink your flexibility " but not here" . I also like to know who makes the patterns he sells at a large volume discount.

9. Default

Hi
    If I offend people, I apologize, after a few interventions, I felt like a person in a court of law, I absolutely wanted to know our website users to Carvewrith and I tell you why! We note that many of our products have been transferred in .ptn (see one in attachment)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	desc_STAGE_COACH_FR.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	47445Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STAGE_COACH_.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	47444
    and illegally sold over the internet (we did stop it), so users know us now and know who the owners of these products. and that is why we made this special offer in order to permanently eliminate this traffic
    Unfortunatly, we did not have enough demand, we drop the offer (an A next time)
    It is rare that I talk on the forums, I leave people alone most of the time.
    Good luck in all your projects
    (Excuse my format text, I'm french Canadian)
    Norbert Dupuis
    www.vectorclip3d.com
    Vectorclip3d forum

10. Default Still confused

Well, it's your business, so I guess you can do whatever you want. However, I am puzzled by the logic of it all. Selling subscriptions to commercial companies that might require a large volume of patterns is fine. But I don't see why selling select patterns ( in the .ptn format) through the Pattern Depot would in any way impact your bottom line. The patterns through this outlet are serial number protected and so you would not have the same issue you experienced before with illegal distribution. The time it would take to prepare this file for sale on the Carvewright web site wouldn't be much more than the time you have spent responding to these posts. If you can find alternative outlets for your products, then why not? The products are digital. No manufacturing or shipping required. If you can bring in an alternative revenue stream, even a small one, I don't see why this would hurt your subscription sales. Why not choose ten of your best sellers for a start and see how it works out? Nothing stopping you from pulling them later of you wish.

But like I said... it's your business.
    Frederick Potter
    Editions by Frederick
    http://www.editionsbyfrederick.com

Keep 98% of the dust out of your machine with this free dust collector:
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...e-final-answer

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast