Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Information about the CarveTight Spindle

So I take it that the longer screw and the 2 washers is for weight to help balance the spindle better, am I correct thinking this way? I would think they would have preformed a balance test during designing of this. There are ways to get an item perfectly balanced now days.

I worked at a place for DOE where we made centrifuges that were 50 feet long about 2 feet in dia with about a 1/4 wall thickness, they would spin these at a speed of around mach 3. They used a special computer and machine to put weights (small pieces of foil tape) to get this tube perfectly balanced. Of course they spun this thing up inside of a steel case under vacuum and took hours to get it up to speed.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Jerry,

Yes the longer screw and added washers helped improve the balancing of the chuck. It did make a difference.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234