Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: knok on wood

myrsdave Guest

Default knok on wood

got my machine on sat.,took the time to put together a stand and look over the manuel one last time carved my first 2 projects with no problems i'm very pleased so far i've tried to contact carvewright to order some more bits , but no luck, so far the lines are either busy or they don,t answer may have better luck with them tommorrow

I would try sending them an email - I think that you will have better luck reaching them. I think they just finished their move and with the Sears sales, I bet they are swamped.

Keep your fingers crossed for the Saints this weekend!!!!!!
    Bill

As my Grandpa used to say "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased!"

Quote Originally Posted by cajunpen
    I would try sending them an email - I think that you will have better luck reaching them. I think they just finished their move and with the Sears sales, I bet they are swamped.

Keep your fingers crossed for the Saints this weekend!!!!!!
    I agree with cajunpen about going the email route. I tried to call them all day yesterday and the line was busy. The couple of times I got through, I let it ring almost forty times and no one answered.

However, I do have to disagree on the last line ... Da Bears ... is all I can say. Congratulations to the Saints on a great season. I've enjoyed seeing Reggie Bush coming around. He should be fun to watch as he matures.

Ron
    Using Version 1.125

Do you know if they sell the cutting bits in the larger Sears stores?Or can you only order them?

I went to my local Sears here in Denver yesterday, and no bits. They had the quick change portion but no bit's.

6. Default

Sears is not yet selling the recommended bits. At the moment, they are only available through CarveWright.
    Chris Morlier
    CarveWright

I ordered my machine on 1/18 (expected 1/26) through Sears. I've been working with the software for about a week before I could get permission to purchase. After testing the various bits in the system, I decided to call and order the 1/16" Ballnose (for better carving) and the 3/8" Straight Bit for running dadoes. I got through immediately when I called the 18th. She was extremely pleasant and said they would ship out the 3/8 bit immediately, but the 1/16" Ballnose is back-ordered. So if that's what you're looking for, it isn't there anyway.

The Bard Guest

I think someone has been eating them and the carving bits.

Isn't the 1/16 ball nose the one that comes with the machine? aka carving bit

I haven't received mine yet, but the Sears description simply says the 1/16" Carving bit. Meanwhile the Designer software specifies both a 1/16" Ballnose and a 1/16" Straight. And the Carving bit on the Product/Pricing page looks like a Straight bit.

If I'm wrong and the shipped Carving bit is the ballnose, please someone correct me so I can save the extra $20.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast