Thread: Cut out motor stalls

1. Default Cut out motor stalls

While into a project the cut out motor stops cold while X, Y and Z continue to do their thing with no problem. When I tap the rear of the machine the motor will restart and either complete the carve or stall again. Eliminated the cover safety cut out switches. Problem started after I serviced machine, new Y motor, and replaced motor brushes. Disassembled and double checked and cannot find anything visually wrong. Cut out motor has 658hours on it. I also see the LED display adding division signs in place of letters (eg., Ca++in+ patt+rn) since service. Can someone give me some troubleshooting ideas. Am I due for a new motor? Did I crunch something during servicing?

First post, 658 cut hours. Must be a used machine. That would be the end of life for the 3rd set of cut motor brushes... Replace the Cut Motor Brushes. Order from LHR.

Open cover and blow out the dust.

The broken off C1 Cap on the X Termination Board under the machine can cause this too.

I would repair the cut out switch. Joining the 9 digit club is harder to type on the keyboard with 9 fingers. When the X Termination Board Cap 1 fails, the cut motor can start without a signal from the computer as in while you are changing the bit... With a broken C1 Cap, I documented 2 years ago when I had 3 of 4 machines all have a broken C1 Cap. Just by tapping on the cover of the machine you could make the cut motor start and stop. Safety First. The vibrating QC caused the Cap to snap.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01464_WEB.jpg   DSC01461_WEB.jpg   DSC01471_WEB.jpg   DSC01462_WEB.jpg  

DSC08069_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 08-24-2011 at 10:51 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

3. Default

purchased new Apr 2010... use quite a bit... I just finished my 200 hour service of the machine when prob began.. cleaned, lubed, replaced y motor, brushes (3rd set), and flex shaft (2nd one).. I blow the motor out every two weeks or so. Problem turned out to be a rattling safety cutout switch in cover... I modified my dust vacuum system during servicing and the extra draw was activating the cutout which was vibrating from the vacuum... strange little prob; easy ficks.. thanks for your assistance on this..

If you wish to share your personal information, please use the Private Messaging feature. Do not endanger your privacy by posting your information on a public forum.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!