Thread: Cut motor not running

Default Cut motor not running

This is information about my experience with a "cut motor not running" error and the troubleshooting that followed. The problem was that a project would run up to the point where the carving was to start, the cutter would plunge to the board but the cut motor would not run. I would then get a z-axis stall because the machine would jam due to no cutting. Here is what I did to try to resolve the issue. Checked the speed sensor, checked the AC door switch, replaced the xboard controller underneath. None of that solved the issue. Sent the Craftsman machine back to Sears for repair under warranty. A tech from Sears called me and said the machine was repaired and was working beautifully and was on its way back to me. Got the machine back and tried to do a small project. Unbelievably the exact same thing happened, the cut motor did not run. After spending a day fuming I decided to troubleshoot on my own. After about 3 hours of no luck I finally decided to check the power coming up to the motor from the xboard at the time the motor was supposed to run. Guess what - there wasn't any. The xboard was new and there was power on the pins for the cut motor connector. Also, there was no breakage in the wires in the cable up to the cut motor. I did notice that the socket connector on the cable slid onto the pins at the xboard with little or no resistance. I then squeezed the metal sockets a little to try to collapse them a bit, plugged it into the board and lo and behold I had power up at the motor. That was the problem - there was no connection between the board pins and the cable socket connector. Who'd a thunk?? So, if you are having a similar error with the cut motor not running, include checking that connection at the xboard.

Try looking at the brushes, one maybe hung up. Capt Barry

Glad you fixed it yourself by finding the crimp connector on the X Termination Board. A Quick Squeeze and you are back in Business....

Good Job !!!!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Great Job. Good bird doggin. Capt Barry