Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z axis fault 248

Unhappy Z axis fault 248

I have only used the scanning probe a few time with no problems, now all I get is Z axis 248. Any assistance you can render to resolve this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for your prompt response.

After entering the start and ending points, I press enter and the probe goes down to touch the sled and stops with z axis 248. I am using the RC with the probe, is there any special ajustments that I must make to get this work properly. I have read the threads on the probe problems and have checked the probe to make sure it was clean and did not have any broken parts inside. I checked it via the sensor check and it remains closed not matter what I do to the probe and it's connectors, is it suppose to do that? Thanks again for your assistance.
    Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.

Default Probe connection point

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I have only used the scanning probe a few time with no problems, now all I get is Z axis 248. Any assistance you can render to resolve this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for your prompt response.

After entering the start and ending points, I press enter and the probe goes down to touch the sled and stops with z axis 248. I am using the RC with the probe, is there any special ajustments that I must make to get this work properly. I have read the threads on the probe problems and have checked the probe to make sure it was clean and did not have any broken parts inside. I checked it via the sensor check and it remains closed not matter what I do to the probe and it's connectors, is it suppose to do that? Thanks again for your assistance.
    If the, Probe, sensor check never changes to open that sound like the problem.
    I presume that your probe connects on the keyboard side of the cover.

Start by seeing what happens when you unplug the mini-plug a few inches from the probe. If that gives you an "Open" reading your problem is toward/in the probe. A new probe is about $50.00.

If the reading stays "closed", unplug the connection at the cover. It the reading goes "Open" that cord is bad. If the reading is still "Closed", it's time to call LHR.

First thing they will need to know, is what you may have altered/fixed just prior to the trouble.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Thanks Bud for the assistance, the only thing I changed out were the sandpaper belts for the rubber belts and cleaned out the sawdust from the bottom of the mechine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Thanks Bud for the assistance, the only thing I changed out were the sandpaper belts for the rubber belts and cleaned out the sawdust from the bottom of the mechine.
    So, what did your tests show?
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I will give it a good thorough look tomorrow, thanks again for the advice.

It remained closed when I disconnected both ends of the probe cable, I will have to call LHR tomorrow.

The 248 part of that tells me you have a VERY outdated version of the Designer Software and firmware you are running. Go to Help-->Check for Updates and get the latest version. Whoever you speak to will tell you to do that right off the bat anyway so if its already done and the problem persists you already have that going for you.

Barry
    Hardware Support

And back to the Model "A" again... The first thing I noticed is the 2007 joining date... So Gent's.. We are most likely dealing with a 18 pin FFC and all the problems associated with it....

OR did Sam update to the 14 pin FFC Cable System???? That is the $300.00 computer question.

Sam call LHR. Or look at all the posts about the FFC Cable and see what you have.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all your input concerning this matter, I have not called LHR yet but I am about to do so right now, thanks again for all your help. I do have the latest software update on my system.

Smile

Called LHR tech, ordered a new probe, thanks again all, for your assistance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast